WARSAW — The following Veterans Day events are taking place in and around Kosciusko County on Thursday, Nov. 11:
- The annual Veterans Day program is at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11, at Center Lake Pavilion in Warsaw
- Warsaw Community Schools’ middle school band, choir and orchestra will perform Veterans Day concerts at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Nov. 11 in the Lakeview Middle School gymnasium. The concerts are free of charge and the public is invited to attend. The middle school bands, choir and orchestras would like to cordially invite all veterans and their families to attend these concerts in their honor.
- Wawasee High School’s program begins in the gymnasium at 10:15 a.m. with speaker Paula Fiscus, a Wawasee teacher whose husband, Capt. Michael “Todd” Fiscus, was killed in Afghanistan in 2005. WHS is also hosting a free lunch for guest veterans. Veterans who wish to attend may check in at the main office between 10-10:15 a.m.
- Syracuse Elementary School’s Veterans Day program begins at 10 a.m. Nov. 11, in the gymnasium. Larry Burkhart is the speaker.
- Milford Elementary School will present a 15-minute virtual program featuring the Post 226 honor guard. The program will be shown to all classes at 10 a.m. and will be available on Milford School’s Facebook page and Parents Square.
North Webster Post 253 has numerous activities. Honor guard will be at Oswego Cemetery at 8:30 a.m.; Salem Cemetery at 9 a.m.; Oak Grove Cemetery at 9:30 a.m.; and North Webster Cemetery at 11 a.m.
- The honor guard will also return to Post 253 at 10 a.m., where a wreath will be placed on the water in honor of those who died at sea.
- At noon Nov. 11, Post 253 will serve ham, beans and cornbread, which is free for all veterans while supplies last.
- A Quilts of Valor presentation will take place at Post 253 at 3 p.m. Lakeland Quilt Club will present several homemade quilts to veterans who are yet to be named.
- North Webster Elementary Veterans Day program begins at 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 12, in the school’s auditorium.
- South Whitley Elementary School Veterans Day parade will take place at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 11. The parade will go from the South Whitley Elementary School along Wayne Street, one block north on State Street, west on Mulberry Street and back to the school.