AKRON — Tippecanoe Valley High School Principal Brandon Kresca has released more details on the senior parade happening Friday, May 22.
Students who wish to participate must report to the entrance to the TVHS campus no sooner than 6:50 p.m. Friday, May 22. Departure time is 7 p.m. Students must report in the car they will be driving or riding in. Any students choosing to ride with one another is a parental decision, according to a news release from the school.
Students are also encouraged to attend in their TVHS graduation gowns. If a student does not have their gown, it can be picked up from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 22. According to a statement from Kresca, students are to drive responsibly and behave in a manner reflective of a TVHS student. No student can exit their vehicle for any reason during the parade.
Everyone is expected to follow social distancing measures by maintaining a six-feet distance and not congregating in groups. Parade watchers are also encouraged to wear protective face masks out in public, per recommendations from the health department.
Senior Parade Path (all times are approximate):
- 7 p.m. – starting between Tippecanoe Valley Middle School and TVHS tennis courts, through the TVHS student parking lot to SR 19
- 7:05 p.m. – exiting TVHS onto SR 19, heading north to Mentone
- 7:15 p.m. – entering Mentone off of SR 19, heading east on Main Street
- 7:20 p.m. – turn right onto South CR 1000W; head south on South CR 1000W, eventually turning in to SR 14 into Akron
- 7:30 p.m. – arrive in Akron to community center on SR 14
- 7:35 p.m. – turn right onto East Rochester Street, heading west through town of Akron
- 7:40 p.m. – turn right onto North Mishawaka Street, heading north toward Akron Elementary School
- 7:50 p.m. – arrive at the intersection of SR 19 and SR 114. This is the end of the parade and cars will safely head toward home.
The class of 2020’s graduation time on Sunday, July 19, has also been changed to better accommodate any plans that may involve social distancing and weather. The baccalaureate ceremony will now begin at 7 p.m., with the graduation ceremony beginning promptly at 7:30 p.m. The rain date for graduation is Sunday, July 26.