The fire at 501 S. Edgewater Drive, Syracuse, this morning, has been ruled as accidental. The mobile home is owned by Curtis Smith. Two dogs and a cat perished in the fire.
Turkey Creek Fire Territory Fire Chief Mickey Scott reported no one was at the residence when the fire was reported at 6:16 a.m. and the fire was found to have started near an electrical dryer.
North Webster Fire Department was called for a full assist. Milford and Leesburg fire departments were put on standby for both departments. The fire was brought under control at 6:54 a.m.
Damage to the home has been estimated up to $40,000.
Turkey Creek Fire Territory responded to a mobile home fire in the area of Chicago Street and Inwood Circle, Syracuse. No one was reported home at the time of the fire
North Webster Fire Department was called for an assist. Leesburg and Milford Fire Departments were placed on standby for both fire departments.
The fire was brought under control at 6:54 a.m.
More information will be provided when it becomes available.