Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1:20 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, Graceland Avenue, south of Section Street, Claypool. Driver: Christian D. Long, 18, South Paxton Drive, Warsaw. Long was backing his vehicle from a driveway when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:03 p.m. Friday, Aug. 11, 340 E. Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Gabriel Arroyo Panales, 47, East CR 200N, Pierceton; and John L. Rasmussen, 52, North Poplar Street, Silver Lake. Arroyo Panales was attempting to turn his vehicle when he hit Rasmussen’s head-on. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:58 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, East US 30, west of South CR 900E, Pierceton. Driver: Kyleigh R. Risner, 26, South Main Street Apartment 12, Claypool. Risner was traveling west on East US 30 when she passed out, causing her vehicle to leave the roadway, roll, and enter a cornfield. Risner and two passengers, Heather A. Rensberger, 27, Warsaw; and Latisha M. Williams, 30, Leesburg, were all ejected from the vehicle. Risner complained of shoulder and upper arm pain but refused treatment at the scene. Williams and Rensberger were both taken to hospital in Fort Wayne for injuries they sustained in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:06 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13, East CR 900S, east of South Packerton Road, Claypool. Driver: Jesse Martinez, 26, East CR 900S, Claypool. Martinez’s vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 7:02 p.m. Friday, Aug. 11, 414 S. Sycamore St., Syracuse. Drivers: Richard Brungardt, 75, North SR 13, Syracuse; and Cameron D. Mosiman, 18, North Happiness Drive, Syracuse. Brungardt was crossing an alleyway when he hit Mosiman’s vehicle, which was traveling in the alleyway. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:06 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, North Huntington Street, south of South County Line Road, Syracuse. Drivers: Nora M. Bontrager, 19, East Nelson Drive, Milford; and Lindsae J. Harrold, EMS W17 Lane, North Webster. Bontrager’s vehicle rear-ended Harrold’s. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:03 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, East Center Street, near South Roosevelt Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Stephen F. Cullison, 82, West Hillcrest Drive, Warsaw; and Melanie E. Ault, 47, Pine Cone Lane, Warsaw. Cullison was attempting to turn when his vehicle hit Ault’s. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:15 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, US 30, west of North Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Silvester Hatcher, 66, East Wilcox Road, Warsaw; and Linda L. Kette, 74, Westwood Road, Winona Lake. Hatcher was attempting to change lanes when he hit Kette’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:31 a.m. Monday, Aug. 14, 3611 Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Myron A. Dill, 45, East Wall Street, Liberty Mills; and Stella F. Shepherd, 81, South CR 700E, Pierceton. Dill was backing his vehicle in a drive-thru when he backed into Shepherd’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:51 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13, US 30, west of Silveus Crossing, Warsaw. Drivers: Babanpreet Singh, 26, Wuerch Cres, West St. Paul, Manitoba, Canada; and Pedro D. Avilapost, 22, South 29th Street, Milwaukee, Wis. Singh’s vehicle rear-ended Avilapost’s. Avilapost complained of head pain and was taken to Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital. Damage over $100,000.
- 10:04 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 13, East Center Street, west of North Park Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Carol A. Morrison, 75, Springhill Road, Warsaw; Kayley L. Slone, 29, West CR 500S, Mentone; and Elizabeth A. Tutorow, 39, North Walnut Street, Etna Green. Morrison was attempting to merge into traffic to travel south on North Detroit Street when she hit Slone’s vehicle. This caused Slone’s vehicle to hit Tutorow’s vehicle. Morrison complained of chest pain and was taken to Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital. Tutorow sustained a severe injury to her left foot and was taken to a Fort Wayne hospital. Damage up to $25,000.
- 6:48 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8, Lake City Highway, east of North Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Danny House, 49, Culver Street, Commerce, Tex.; and Mihail Morari, 32, Creole Way, Pensacola, Fla. House was attempting to merge onto US 30 when he sideswiped Morari’s vehicle. Damage up to $25,000.