WARSAW — Wagon Wheel Center for the Arts will be holding auditions for youths/teens on Saturday, Aug. 19, for two upcoming productions.
The first show, in October, is the Wagon Wheel Junior production of “You Ain’t Nothin’ But a Werewolf.” The second show, in December, is the professional theater’s family-friendly musical version of “A Christmas Carol.”
Both shows will be auditioned at the same time.
Auditions will be held Aug. 19 in the lobby of Wagon Wheel Center for the Arts, 2515 E. Center St., Warsaw, and will follow the following schedule:
- 10 a.m., ages 7-9
- 10:45 a.m., ages 10-12
- 11:30 p.m., ages 13-18
- Callbacks for “A Christmas Carol” will take place at 12:30 p.m. Your child may be asked to stay or return for the callback.
Those auditioning do not need to prepare anything. Each participant will be taught a short song. Those asked to stay for callbacks for “A Christmas Carol” will be singing selections from the show.
Below are the rehearsal and performance times, which may be subject to change:
Rehearsals/Performances Of ‘You Ain’t Nothin’ But A Werewolf’
- 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12* (parent meeting and casting); at least one parent needs to attend
- 5-8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13* (music rehearsal)
- Oct. 14* and 15 (weekend rehearsal all day and afternoon/evening); time to be determined
- 5-8:30 p.m. Oct. 16-20 (typical time for rehearsals after school)
- Oct. 21 and 22 (weekend rehearsal all day and afternoon/evening); time to be determined
- 5-8:30 p.m. Oct. 23*-26* (typical time for tech rehearsals after school)
The asterisk (*) denotes mandatory-attendance rehearsals.
Performances will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 27; 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28; and 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 29
Rehearsals/Performances Of ‘A Christmas Carol’
Rehearsals will be:
- Saturday, Nov. 18, and Sunday, Nov. 19 (available all day)
- 4-9 p.m. Nov. 20-22 (subject to change)
- Off Thursday, Nov. 23, Thanksgiving Day
- Noon to 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24 (subject to change)
- Saturday, Nov. 25, and Sunday, Nov. 26 (available all day)
- Day off Monday, Nov. 27
- 4-10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, and Wednesday, Nov. 29 (subject to change)
- Noon to 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, tech and final dress (requires kids to miss school this day)
Performances will be:
- 7 p.m. (6 p.m. call time) Friday, Dec. 1, and Saturday, Dec. 2
- 2 p.m. (1 p.m. call) Sunday, Dec. 3
- Off Dec. 4 and 5
- 10 a.m. (9 a.m. call) Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Dec. 6,7,8, school shows (9 a.m. call requires kids to miss at least half day of school)
- 7 p.m. (6 p.m. call) Friday, Dec. 8, and Saturday, Dec. 9
- 2 p.m. (1 p.m. call) Sunday, Dec. 10
- Off Monday, Dec. 11
- 10 a.m. (9 a.m. call) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Dec. 12, 13, 14, school shows (9 a.m. call requires kids to miss at least half day of school)
- 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 15 (reserved for potential snow day)
- 7 p.m. (6 p.m. call) Friday, Dec. 15, and Saturday, Dec. 16
- 2 p.m. (1 p.m. call) Sunday, Dec. 17