WARSAW — Operation Read USA Inc. is hosting a car rally this weekend to benefit children and adults in northern Indiana. The event is being held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 10, off U.S. 30 at 3600 Commerce Drive, Staples Plaza, Warsaw.
The event is free and open to the public and is an opportunity for the community and car lovers to rally around and support reading.
Operation Read provides books and tutoring locally to children and adults in poverty.
The Saturday rally will include:
- A Book Bank to drop off new books for children ages zero to 5 year
- A children’s car scavenger hunt with prizes
- Classic 107.3 WRSW on location from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. with general items raffled off, including a Ziebart exterior detailing package valued at $200 to $300.
- Purse raffles, including a Michael Kors with a suggested retail price of $200.
- Partner agencies will be on hand to explain their services and join in the community event.
- A car show with 14 categories to be judged. The lead judge is flying in from California and has more than 20 years of car judging experience as well as judging the Concours d’Elegance. Car registration costs $25, or $30 the day of the show. Registration forms can be printed off at operationreadusa.org/events/mail-in-registration or register and pay online at operationreadusa.org/events/online-registration.
All the programs provided by Operation Read are free to the community, so donations and fundraising are a critical part of the operation to keep costs low and provide programming.
For questions, call (574) 529-5783 or send an email to [email protected]. For an event schedule visit: operationreadusa.org/events/car-rally-event-schedule.