Area Accident Reports
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 9:13 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, East SR 14, south of South SR 13, Claypool. Driver: Dallas Howard, 73, North First Street, Liberty Mills. Howard’s vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:23 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, 219 S. Lake St., Warsaw. Drivers: Mitchell E. Robinson, 37, Chestnut Street, Winona Lake; and Lleimy Sanchez-Hernandez, 40, North CR 175E 79, Warsaw. Robinson backed his vehicle into Sanchez-Hernandez’s and left the scene. He was later located and taken into custody for allegedly operating a vehicle while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident. Sanchez-Hernandez complained of neck pain but denied treatment. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:57 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, US 30, near Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Rosio J. Sanchez, 24, Rosemont Avenue, Warsaw; and Juan A. Mariscal-Ruvalcab, 20, East North Winds Drive, Warsaw. Sanchez’s vehicle rear-ended Mariscal-Ruvalcab’s. Mariscal-Ruvalcab was evaluated by medics for a complaint of back pain. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:04 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, South Buffalo Street, south of East Prairie Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Daniel J. Barbre, 21, South 28th Street, Richmond; Chandler E. Paul, 24, Saint Mary’s Drive, Warsaw; and Terry L. Edgell, 65, Red Oaks Lane, Lafayette. Barbre’s vehicle rear-ended Edgell’s, and Paul’s vehicle rear-ended Barbre’s. Barbre was taken to Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital for a possible broken nose. Damage up to $10,000.
- 2:16 p.m. Wednesday, May 24, North Park Avenue, near East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Elvia J. Guzman Rivera, 32, Raleigh Court, Columbia City; and Tamara L. Senter, 58, North Park Avenue, Warsaw. Guzman Rivera’s vehicle backed into Senter’s. Damage up to $5,000.