Area Accident Reports
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:39 p.m. Saturday, May 13, North Old SR 15, near West CR 600N, Leesburg. Drivers: Gavin M. Wiggs, 16, South Kinder Drive, Syracuse; and Janet F. Woods, 79, Isle View Drive, Winona Lake. Wiggs’ vehicle stopped at the CR 600N and Old SR 15 intersection, but did not see Woods’ vehicle traveling south. Damage up to $25,000.
- 7:56 p.m. Friday, May 12, South SR 25, east of South CR 400W, Warsaw. Drivers: Kylie N. Carpenter, 26, South Lakeshore Drive, Mentone; and Sabrina S. Wright, 57, South CR 300E, Claypool. Carpenter’s vehicle sideswiped Wright’s. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:03 p.m. Friday, May 12, East CR 350N, west of North Saddlebrook Lane, Warsaw. Driver: Dustin J. Moore, 20, North CR 375E, Warsaw. Moore’s motorcycle hit a patch of gravel, causing him to lose control of his vehicle and hit a mailbox. Moore sustained abrasions to his right arm and was evaluated at the scene. Damage up to $2,500.
- 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 12, North CR 800W, north of West CR 850N, Nappanee. Drivers: Christopher M. Hill, 43, Burke Street, Columbia City; and Fannie M. Bontrager, 58, West CR 900N, Nappanee. Hill was traveling behind a dump truck on CR 800W when the dump truck’s driver changed lanes to pass Bontrager’s buggy. Hill said he did not have enough time to avoid rear-ending Bontrager’s Buggy. Bontrager was thrown from the buggy and died as a result of the accident. Damage over $100,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:52 a.m. Monday, May 15, SR 15, near Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Dolares G. Hernandez, 39, South Maplewood Avenue 2, Chicago, Ill.; and Dalton W. Neff, 30, East Wallen Road, Fort Wayne. Neff was turning left onto Jalynn Street at a green turn arrow when his vehicle was hit by Hernandez’s. Hernandez complained of chest pain and was checked by medics at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:44 p.m. Sunday, May 14, 2495 Jalynn St., Warsaw. Drivers: Eric J. Kimes, 49, East High Circle Drive, Warsaw; and Antonio S. Bernal, 52, West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Kimes’ vehicle rear-ended Bernal’s. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:49 p.m. Saturday, May 13, SR 15, near East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Rosa J. Diaz, 21, Rosewood Drive, Peru; and Abbagail L. Coffing, 18, North CR 700E, Twelve Mile. Both Diaz and Coffing’s vehicles entered the SR 15 and East Fort Wayne Street intersection at the same time, resulting in a collision. Damage up to $5,000.
- 6:42 p.m. Saturday, May 13, East Main Street, near North Buffalo Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Brandon N. Futch, 40, East Jefferson Street, Warsaw; and Catherine A. Zdenek, 66, South Southwood Drive, Warsaw. Futch’s vehicle rear-ended Zdenek’s. Damage up to $10,000.
- 12:31 p.m. Saturday, May 13, North Park Avenue, south of Alward Street, Warsaw. Driver: Marinel L. Cannon, 27, Rivercrest Drive, Warsaw. Cannon’s vehicle left the roadway, hitting a curb and retaining wall. Damage up to $2,500.