Alcohol Permit Transfer For Former Stacy’s Restaurant Approved
By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — A transfer of ownership for an alcoholic beverage permit at a Leesburg restaurant was approved during a Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission meeting on Thursday, May 4.
Steuart Wysong attended the meeting to request a license transfer for the former Stacy’s Restaurant and Family Dining location in Leesburg. Wysong and his wife, Shawnee, purchased the restaurant, located at 309 S. Main St., and plan to reopen it as Steuby’s.
The building is currently being remodeled and is expected to open in July.
Jeremy McClain, an owner/partner with Salvatori’s, also attended the meeting regarding a new wine retailer permit for the Warsaw location at 3605 Commerce Drive. The Italian restaurant is expected to open in May.
McClain told commission members Salvatori’s offers a full bar at two of its locations, but there are no plans to do so at the Warsaw restaurant. The commission approved the permit.
A new permit for Leesburg Stop N Go, 100 N. Main St., was also approved.
Gurpinder Singh said he’s owned the location for two years and noted that alcohol was not sold there prior to his ownership. The commission approved a beer and wine dealer permit for Singh to use at Leesburg Stop N Go.
A new alcoholic beverage permit for Blank Slate LLC, 105 W. Main St., Syracuse, was again continued to the commission’s June meeting. Jack Birch, a local attorney representing Blank Slate, requested the continuance on behalf of the owners.
The following permits with no violations were also approved at the meeting:
- Freeland Enterprises Inc., doing business as Pizza Hut, 502 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Beer and wine retailer – restaurant.
- Meijer Stores Limited Partnership, doing business as Meijer Store #267, 1200 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – drug store.
- RT Michiana Franchise LLC, doing business as Ruby Tuesday #7368, 3308 E. Center St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Scott’s Package Liquors Inc., doing business as Pierceton Discount Liquors, 101 S. First St., Pierceton. Beer, wine and liquor – package store.
- Service Liquors, 108 S. Lake St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – package store.
The local ATC’s next meeting will be held at the Kosciusko County Courthouse at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 1.