What Is Happening In Goshen This Week
GOSHEN — Events are at your fingertips this first week of May. Beat the gloomy beginning with fun events all over Goshen this week. Throw darts at the Elephant Bar, go on a walk with Goshen Brewing Company, or attend First Fridays festivities this Friday. If that is not to your liking, there is also West Coast Swing dancing. live music or an introvert’s happy hour silent book club at Fables Books. With a wide array of activities listed below, you will likely be able to find something interesting to participate in this week.
Tuesday, May 2
- Free Darts at Elephant Bar, 2-5 p.m. May 2. Can you hit the bullseye? Try your hand for free during an evening of darts on us. Every Tuesday.
Wednesday, May 3
- “Who do you say that I am?” Four Gospels, Four Portraits of Jesus at Greencroft Goshen Community Center, 10-11:30 a.m. with Linda Oyer. Also on May 8 and 10.
- Goshen Brewing Company at 7 p.m., the Bootstrap Boys will appear live at Goshen Brewing Company in support of their newest studio album, Hungry & Sober. Part of our free Wednesday Music Series.
- Karaoke Night at Elephant Bar will take place at 8 p.m. The karaoke mic is hot every Wednesday night at the Elephant Bar.
Thursday, May 4
- Marcus Clingaman at The Oasis, 6 p.m.
- Goshen Millrace Dam Beer Run at Millrace Power Station 6 p.m. Join this weekly community group to run/walk along the Goshen Millrace to the dam and back to Goshen Brewing Company for a beer, companionship, and conversation. Walk or run at your own pace.
- Westie Thursday happening at GoDance Studio 7:30 p.m. West Coast Swing has skyrocketed in popularity due to dynamic videos on TikTok and FB. Come check out what the fuss is all about. Beginners encouraged and no partner necessary. $10.
- The Cactus Blossoms at Ignition Music Garage, 7:30 p.m.
- Trivia Night at the Elephant Bar, 9 p.m. Every Thursday evening.
Friday, May 5
- Mayor’s Bike Ride at Goshen City Hall, 4:30 p.m. Join Mayor Stutsman and City staff on a bike ride to kick off Bike Month. Then, join the Department of Environmental Resilience to celebrate Arbor Day.
- The Imagination Spot, 4:30 p.m. Join the Imagination Spot on First Friday for some sunshine and rainbows. Kids will be able to color and tape their streamers to sunny artwork.
- May Baskets at Goshen Historical Society Museum, 5 p.m. Make a May basket at the museum and visit the Historical society’s booth at the City Arbor Day event at the Court House. The Police Booth will be open, as well as the second floor of the museum, for tours.
- Cinco de Mayo Pop-Up at Maple City Conference and Event Center, 5 p.m.
Come out to the Cinco de Mayo Pop-Up. There will be live music, drinks, food and 40+ vendors to shop from. Doors will open at 5 p.m. This is a family-friendly event.
- First Fridays: Green Day Celebration at Goshen Theater 5 p.m.
- First Fridays: Green Day Celebration at Goshen Theater from 5-8 p.m. Green Day Celebration. May First Fridays
Saturday, May 6
- Silent Book Club at Fables Books, 10 a.m. Introvert Happy Hour Book Club
- The Oasis, 5:30 p.m. “Playing cool music for cool people,” featuring Ron Miller and Bruce Shockley.
- DJ Scapegoat @ The Elephant Bar, 9 p.m. Dance or sit back as Andy Cooper DJs. $5 cover at the door.