Warsaw Area Career Center’s Business Professionals Chapter Successful At State Conference
WARSAW — The Warsaw Area Career Center chapter of Business Professionals of America participated in the Indiana BPA State Leadership Conference and competitions from March 12 to 14.
Molly Kissling campaigned and was elected to serve as vice-president of administration on the Indiana BPA State Officer Leadership Team for the 2023-24 academic year.
A group of 31 future business leaders helped the group finish with a strong standing in the state. Although all competed in contests and participated in various leadership activities and trainings, the following students placed especially high within the state in preparation for competing at the BPA National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, Calif., in April:
- Luke Ford, Financial Math & Analysis Concepts, second place
- Braden Rios, Financial Math & Analysis Concepts, fourth place; and Digital Marketing Concepts, seventh place
- Mia Blocher, Meeting & Event Planning Concepts, fourth place
- Ryun Hoffert, Parliamentary Procedures Concepts, fourth place; Personal Financial Management, fourth place; and Business Law & Ethics, third place
- Trey Koontz and Braden Rios, Economic Research Team, sixth place
- Molly Kissling, Entrepreneurship, first place
- Blake Schnackenberg, Extemporaneous Speech, first place
- Elizabeth Vander Bie, Presentation Individual, fifth place
- Jacob Crump, Advanced Accounting, eighth place
- Tessa Graney, Database Applications, eighth place
- Isaac Price, C++ Programming, fourth place; and Python Programming, fifth place
- Jobe Holderread, C++ Programming, fifth place; and Python Programming, seventh place
- Kevin O’Neill, Java Programming, fifth place
- Kyle Dille, Python Programming, sixth place
Business Professionals of America is the nation’s leading Career and Technical Student Organization for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, accounting, office administration, and other business-related career fields. The Warsaw chapter is sponsored by Steve Waldeck and Scott Schramm.