ELKHART — The Hall of Heroes Comic Con, the largest growing comic con in Northern Indiana and one of the biggest events in Michiana, is celebrating its sixth year.
This year’s comic con will have nearly 100 vendors and regional artists selling comics, toys, artwork and much more.
Celebrities for this year are:
- Lou Ferrigno from “The Incredible Hulk,” “Hercules” and “King of Queens;”
- Reb Brown from “Captain America,” “Uncommon Valor,” “Chips” and “Happy Days;”
- Johnny Yong Bosch, who is one of the industry’s top anime voice actors with over 400 different character credits, including “Power Rangers,” “Sailor Moon,” “Pokemon,” “Akira” and “Bleach.”
- David Barclay, who was a “Star Wars” master puppeteer for Yoda and Jabba The Hutt in “Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi;”
- Jim Shooter, who served as the the editor in chief of Marvel Comics after Stan Lee from 1978-1987. He was responsible for the creation of the black symbiote alien costume for Spider-Man that later became Venom; and
- Tom Cook, a Hanna Barbara animator for “Scooby Doo,” “Super Friends” and “He-Man King of the Hill.”
The Hall of Heroes Comic Con will have events going on all weekend on two stages with celebrities, artists, cosplay groups and educational panels throughout the weekend. They will also have a cosplay contest for both adults and children. Star Wars, Star Trek and many other cosplay groups will be set up. There will also be a special children’s cosplay area for kids to create their own costume.
The Hall of Heroes Comic Con will be two days: from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 4 and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday March 5.
- VIP Adult tickets for ages 13 and up are $50
- VIP Youth tickets for ages 3-12 are $35
- Two Day Admission tickets are $40 for adults and $24 for youth
- Single Day tickets are $24 for adults and $15 for youth
Veterans receive a free ticket with proof of service
The location for this event is the Northern Indiana Events Center/ RV Hall of Fame, 21565 Executive Parkway, Elkhart.
For tickets or more information, visit www.hohcomiccon.org