Kosciusko Connect LLC is a growing broadband service provider and a subsidiary of Kosciusko REMC. We are building a state-of-the-art fiber network to bring high-speed internet to rural Kosciusko County. We offer residential and business internet, VoIP, Ethernet, and dedicated services. Our customers enjoy best-in-class hardware and mobile applications to help manage their own networks. We started connecting internet customers in December 2021, and we currently have approximately 4,850 new fiber customers!
We are excited to add another Fiber Optic Technician to our team. The Fiber Optic Technician will serve as the Fiber To The Home or business installer of internet and telephone services from the tap outside the home to the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) inside the structure and subsequent hardware as needed. They will test and ensure that the service is working properly from the wired connection to the router and has a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout the home or business. The Fiber Optic Technician will provide onsite downloading of the Command IQ app and linking it with the customer’s account, provide initial app guidance, and general service information. Fiber Optic splicing may also be required. Pay Range: $22.57 – $30. Education and experience will be evaluated.
- High School or GED equivalent diploma. Some college or post-high school education in electronics, construction technology, communications technology, or fiber optics is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience performing in home installations, including internet, telephone, or television service, is also preferred.
Core Responsibilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Install, terminate, and test fiber optic and/or category 5e or 6 cables.
- Route fiber optic cables from the outside to the inside of a home or business.
- Use excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with customers for installation requirements and issue resolution. You must communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with customers and Cooperative employees.
- Ensure the products and services ordered are adequate for the home or business.
- Help determine and resolve fiber problems from the hardware at the customer premises back to the fiber electronics hut.
- Learn the fiber optic network from working in the field using schematic maps.
- Learn the skills and logic necessary to construct a fiber electronics hut and its associated components.
- Operate company vehicles safely
- Preserves confidentiality of company issues when relating to staff, customers, and the public.
- The position requires a general knowledge of home and commercial construction methods, a basic understanding of technology, Microsoft and Apple operating systems, desktop and mobile devices, and home networking methodologies. Knowledge of Calix hardware is a plus but not necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have strong critical and analytical skills to troubleshoot problems that arise during installations.
- You must also be familiar with low-voltage hand and power tools in performing job duties.
- Ability to work at heights up to 30’ from an extension ladder.
- Must be able to perform heavy lifting and strenuous tasks as needed.
- Our hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. You must be willing to be on call every three weeks and work overtime as needed.
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, have a valid driver’s license, and reside within a 30-minute commute to the Kosciusko REMC/Connect headquarters in Warsaw, Indiana.
Culture And Benefits
- Our employees are our most valuable asset, so we offer excellent benefits: Pension, 401(k) match, HDHP medical, HSA, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, nine paid holidays, your birthday off, sick/personal time, and vacation.
- We provide training and professional development to help you further your career goals.
- Kosciusko Connect LLC is a subsidiary of Kosciusko REMC, and both are headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana. Kosciusko REMC was incorporated in 1936, and is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative with over 18,000 northern Indiana families, businesses, schools, and farms. Kosciusko REMC consistently provides members with one of the lowest residential rates in Indiana, has invested in technologies that maintain a steady and safe source of power, and has been committed to helping our communities grow and prosper.
- Kosciusko REMC/Kosciusko Connect LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume through Indeed.com by January 30, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.50 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Warsaw, IN 46582: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you live in the United States currently?
- Do you have a valid Indiana driver’s license?
- Are you willing to work overtime as needed and be on call?
- Are you comfortable working at heights up to 30 feet?
Work Location: One location