WARSAW — Kosciusko County Sheriff Jim Smith started his first week in office with having his deputies sworn in again.
At 8 a.m. Friday, Jan. 6, in the Kosciusko County Courthouse’s Old Courtroom, Kosciusko Superior Court 4 Judge Chris Kehler gave the oath of office to Smith and the deputies.
Following the oath, Smith addressed the merit deputies announcing Chris McKeand as chief deputy and Michelle Hyden as sheriff’s office matron.
Smith also announced several interim positions:
- Patrol Commander Michael Mulligan;
- Jail Commander Kevin Gelbaugh;
- Investigations Commander Joshua Spangle;
- Continuing as Training Coordinator Travis Shively;
- Public Information Officer Douglas Light;
- Director of Central Dispatch Deb Carpenter; and
- Director of Work Release Jerrad Jones.
While speaking to his officers, Smith shared his vision of family, communication, trust and moving forward to serve the citizens of Kosciusko County.