By Keith Knepp
INDIANAPOLIS — The “Coolest Thing Made in Indiana” competition celebrates the state’s long manufacturing history. Entered companies faced off in a single-elimination bracket format with winners chosen through public fan voting.
Each winner advanced to the next round until they’ve reached the coveted final four makers and an ultimate Coolest Thing Made in Indiana champion. This fall’s field includes 54 Hoosier makers of all kinds of things — both familiar and emergent.
As of today, local companies Maple Leaf Farms and Polywood have advanced to the third round of 16. Voting for the round concluded Tuesday night, with winners advancing to the final 8.
The second-annual contest is sponsored by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. First round voting began took place Nov. 3-7. Voting in the second round was Nov. 8-10. Currently, voting for round three is taking place and will close at 10 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, Nov. 15.
Winners from the third round will advance to the final eight, with voting beginning tomorrow at 9 a.m. and concluding at 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18.
Semifinal voting takes place Nov. 21-23 with the finals taking place Nov. 28-30. The champion will be announced Wednesday, Dec. 14, at the 2022 Best IN Manufacturing Awards luncheon.
All voting takes place online and can be accessed HERE.
The company that manufactures the “Coolest Thing Made in Indiana” winning product will receive:
- The Coolest Thing Made in Indiana trophy.
- A feature article about the company in the 2022 May Indiana Chamber BizVoice magazine issue.
- Coordinated media outreach promoting the win.
- The official “Coolest Thing Made in Indiana” winner badge to be placed on your product web site.
- Recognition and profile on The Coolest Thing Made in Indiana web site.
- An invitation to appear on the IN Chamber podcast or filmed video appearance for Chamber INsider e-newsletter.
Prizes also will be awarded to the runner up and other finalists.