AKRON — The Tippecanoe Valley School Corp. has approved more than $26 million total in bids for its planned renovation of Tippecanoe Valley High School.
The TVSC Board awarded the bids totaling $26,389,760 at a special meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 18. According to a press release issued by TVSC, the “project will include a new auditorium including student collaboration areas, pool renovation, exterior facade improvement, expanded agriculture classroom/labs, new and renovated locker rooms, new weight room and a multi-purpose room (multi-purpose/wrestling).”
The release also states “the work on the project is expected to begin April 3, 2023, with the projected substantial completion date of Aug. 30, 2024.”
“The project is tax neutral,” added the release. The Skillman Corp. is the construction management company for the project.
Bids were awarded to the following contractors:
- Sitework/Utilities: G&G Hauling & Excavating, Inc., $1,118,676;
- General Trades: Gibson Lewis, LLC, $7,936,000;
- Masonry: Ziolkowski Construction Inc., $3,220,900;
- Structural Steel: Geiger & Peters, $1,630,000;
- Roofing: Fort Wayne Roofing, A Tecta America Company, $891,100;
- Metal Studs/Drywall/Ceilings: Quality Walls and Ceiling, $1,469,000;
- Painting: Oosterbaan & Sons Co., $450,865;
- Flooring: Jack Laurie Floors, LLC, $441,800;
- Casework: DECO Associates, Inc., $161,270;
- Fire Protection: FE Moran, Inc., $1,153,471;
- Plumbing: Core Mechanical Services, $1,471,400;
- Mechanical: ACMS Group, Inc., $4,570,000;
- Electrical/Technology: D&D Electric, $1,875,278.