Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:31 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, 7344 S. SR 15, Claypool. Driver: Daniel E. Haab, 26, West CR 700S, Claypool. Haab’s brakes failed, and his vehicle hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 8:37 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, East CR 200N, east of North Biomet Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Osbaldo Sanchez Patino, 19, Dot Street, Warsaw. Sanchez Patino had a flat tire, which caused his vehicle to leave the roadway, enter a ditch and hit a driveway. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:14 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, North SR 15 and Plaza Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Mark A. Finken, 56, Chapman Lake Drive, Warsaw; and Leticia Sanchez Vega, 40, South West Point Drive, Warsaw. Finken failed to yield the right of way to Sanchez Vega, and their vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 2:54 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, North East Wawasee Drive, north of East CR 1250N, Syracuse. Drivers: Nicholas S. Slone, 22, Baker Street, Cromwell; and Michael L. Schultz, 65, East Smith Drive, Syracuse. Slone failed to yield the right of way to Schultz’s vehicle. His vehicle hit Schultz’s. Damage: Up to $50,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20, South SR 15, north of West SR 14, Silver Lake. Driver: Amber A. New, 43, South CR 500W, Silver Lake. New said the sun was in her eyes. She made a turn and hit a pedestrian, Paula A. Reynolds, 54, East Sycamore Street, Silver Lake. Police viewed video footage and found that New turned her vehicle at about the same time Reynolds entered the intersection. Reynolds had bruises, a broken leg and back fracture. She was transported to the hospital. Damage: Up to $100,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:34 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, East US 30, west of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Jenelle K. Best, 30, Gregory Court, Warsaw; and Stacie A. Light, 52, South Hunters Ridge, Warsaw. Best’s and Light’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:17 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, 2223 E. Center St., Warsaw. Drivers: Charles F. Boring, 58, South Indiana Street, Warsaw; and Abigail K. Heckaman, 22, West CR 350S, Warsaw. Boring was backing out of a parking spot and his vehicle hit Heckaman’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.