Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:41 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, Shelden Street, south of Petro Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Marvin L. Farmer, 42, East Rader Road, Warsaw. Farmer was traveling south on Shelden Street when his vehicle hit a curb, leaving the roadway. Farmer sustained a laceration to his head and road rash on his right shoulder and left elbow. Damage up to $2,500.
- 8:45 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26, East Winona Avenue, east of North Bay Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Lisa M. Scott, 49, EMS T7A Lane, Leesburg. Scott was traveling east on East Winona Avenue when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:06 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26, Jalynn Street, near Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Drivers: Elianna G. Newhouse, 18, EMS B40 Lane, Leesburg; and Gary R. Clevenger, 42, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Newhouse was traveling north on an access road to a stop sign at Jalynn Street. She stopped at the stop sign and believed traffic was clear in the intersection; however, her vehicle entered Clevenger’s path of travel. Newhouse complained of arm pain and was seen by medics at the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 9:38 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 25, SR 119, between CR 13 and CR 40, Goshen. Drivers: Kristopher Tuttle, 51, Plymouth; and Kaely Beer, 33, Nappanee. Injured: Beer complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Injured passengers in Beer’s vehicle were: Aida Beer, 3; Iris Beer, 2; Charlotte Beer, 11; and Georgia Beer, 12. All four complained of neck and back pain. They were taken to Memorial Hospital to be assessed. Tuttle was traveling southwest on SR 119 when he drove left of center, crossing over the center line, forcing Beer’s vehicle off the roadway. Tuttle’s vehicle continued across the northeast lane, off the road and hit Beer’s vehicle head-on. Tuttle was cited for driving left of center.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 5:36 a.m. Friday, Aug. 26, CR 200S and CR 50E, Rochester. Driver: Dustin D. Beckett, 23, Rochester. Beckett’s vehicle went off the road and hit a tree.