Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:40 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, West Hepton Road, west of North CR 950W, Nappanee. Drivers: Jonathon L. Byrer, 40, East CR 800N, North Webster; and Betty J. Hochstetler, 81, Golf View Drive, Nappanee. Byrer was traveling west on Hepton Road behind Hochstetler’s vehicle and was passing Hochstetler’s vehicle on the left while Hochstetler was attempting to make a left turn. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:57 a.m. Tuesday, July 19, West SR 14, east of South CR 850W, Akron. Driver: Kaitlin E. Jones, 28, Meadow View Drive, Syracuse. Jones was traveling west on West SR 14 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:48 p.m. Monday, July 18, South SR 13, north of South CR 525E, Pierceton. Driver: Ronald H. Tesdahl, 70, EMS B60D Lane, Warsaw. Tesdahl was traveling north on South SR 13 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:38 p.m. Monday, July 18, North SR 15, near West CR 600N, Warsaw. Drivers: Austin J. Owens, 25, North Main Street, Claypool; and Vernon L. Smith, 57, Turtle Bay Drive 31, Syracuse. Owens was traveling east on CR 600N and said he stopped at the stop sign at SR 15. While turning north onto SR 15, he turned into Smith’s path of travel. This caused Smith’s vehicle to enter a cornfield. Smith complained of back pain and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:22 p.m. Monday, July 18, 726 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Driver: Genevieve L. Bushong, 88, North Syracuse Webster Road, Syracuse. Bushong thought she put her vehicle in reverse to leave a parking space when she realized her vehicle was in drive. Bushong’s vehicle hit a barrier wall. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 7:33 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, US 30, near Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Brian S. Hayward, 55, North CR 875W, Etna Green; and Callie C. Wynn, 23, West Center Street, Warsaw. Hayward was traveling west on US 30 and said he believed he had a green light while approaching CR 200N. His vehicle was then struck by Wynn’s, causing his vehicle to roll several times and enter the median of US 30. Wynn said her traffic light turned green and was attempting to cross US 30 when she was hit by Hayward’s vehicle. Hayward was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for pain to his entire body and a cut to his torso area. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, SR 15, near US 30 Ramp 059D, Warsaw. Drivers: Morgan A. Austin, 16, Villa Court, North Manchester; and Hedyeh E. Curtis, 26, South Nellie Boulevard, Claypool. Austin was traveling south on SR 15 and did not see the traffic light for the on/off ramp for US 30 turn red. Austin’s vehicle rear-ended Curtis’ vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:13 a.m. Tuesday, July 19, South SR 25, near Rozella Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Edward G. Conley, 84, West CR 100S 5, Warsaw; and Madelyn N. Nowak, 21, East Main Street, Warsaw. Conley was stopped at the stop sign at Rozella Road and SR 25 when he pulled into the path of Nowak’s vehicle. Nowak complained of right wrist pain and was checked by medics at the scene. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 18, North Parker Street, north of South Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Rigoberto Aguilar, 37, North Old SR 15 145, Warsaw; and Kala J. Wines, 25, North Roosevelt Street, Silver Lake. Aguilar was traveling south on North Parker Street when he fell asleep and crossed the center line, hitting Wines’ vehicle. Aguilar complained of chest pain and was taken to a local hospital. Wines and a passenger in her vehicle, Taryn L. Enochs, 16, Silver Lake, both had complaints of chest area but were not taken to hospitals. Damage up to $25,000.