Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:46 p.m. Monday, July 11, East CR 800S, east of South CR 700E, Sidney. Driver: Brian M. Houtz, 32, West Catalpa Lane, Warsaw. Houtz was traveling east on CR 800S when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:59 p.m. Monday, July 11, 330 N. Tower St., north of East State Street, Etna Green. Driver: unknown. A vehicle owned by Diana L. Goodman was parked and unoccupied when it sustained damage from an unknown driver. Damage up to $2,500.
- 7:38 a.m. Monday, July 11, North SR 13, south of East CR 800N, North Webster. Drivers: Lucas A. Baker, 18, Lincolnway West, Ligonier; and Deborah K. Webb, 62, North Venetian Drive, Syracuse. Baker was traveling south on SR 13 when he rear-ended Webb’s vehicle. Webb was slowing her vehicle to make a right turn. Webb was taken to Parkview Fort Wayne for further evaluation due to facial bleeding and other abrasions. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:53 a.m. Monday, July 11, East CR 200N, west of North CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Austin P. Ganshorn, 18, North CR 750W, Larwill. Ganshorn was traveling east on East CR 200N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4 a.m. Monday, July 11, US 30, west of North Fox Farm Road, Warsaw. Driver: Michael A. Silber, 37, 4 Mile Creek Road, Three Lakes, Wis. Silber was traveling west on US 30 when his vehicle hit an INDOT solar tech lane change or closure sign head-on. A passenger in Silber’s vehicle, Erin M. Sims, 31, Sherburn Street, Eagle River, Wis., complained of knee and chest pain. Sims was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for further medical evaluation. Damage up to $25,000.
- 2:45 p.m. Sunday, July 10, South Main Street, north of West Washington Street, North Manchester. Drivers: Janice K. Wood, 61, South Detroit Street 168, Warsaw; and Brian L. McGuigan, 53, North CR 700E, Warsaw. Wood was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit McGuigan’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:25 a.m. Sunday, July 10, West CR 1350N, east of North CR 700W, Nappanee. Driver: Charles A. Mullet, 21, 3B Road, Nappanee. Mullet was traveling west on CR 1350N when his vehicle left the roadway, entering a corn field and crossing a large drainage ditch. His vehicle then traveled through more corn, through a fence and then re-entered the roadway. Mullet told officers he believed he fell asleep while driving. He sustained a minor facial injury and refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $50,000.
- 6:23 a.m. Saturday, July 9, South CR 750W, south of West CR 1000S, Akron. Driver: Zachery E. Anderson, 21, South CR 750W, Claypool. A tan 2004 Cadillac SRX was traveling north on CR 750W when its driver lost control while coming out of a curve in the roadway. The vehicle left the roadway and flipped more than once. Both of its occupants were unrestrained and were ejected from the vehicle. It was unclear at the scene as to who was driving the Cadillac SRX. Anderson was flown to an area hospital for evaluation of unknown injuries. The second occupant, Alice M. Dills, 57, West Ben Lane, Claypool, was pronounced dead at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 10:44 a.m. Friday, July 8, East Armstrong Road, near North CR 200E, Leesburg. Drivers: Jack W. Hayden, 75, East Jackson Street, Mentone; and Ashley R. Comer, 32, East May Lane, Leesburg. Hayden was stopped on CR 200E, on the south side of Armstrong Road, and was preparing to continue traveling north when he hit Comer’s vehicle. Hayden said he believed Comer was slowing to turn south onto CR 200E. Comer said she was traveling east on Armstrong Road and had no intentions of turning. A passenger in Comer’s vehicle, Adalyn Comer, 11, Leesburg, sustained a minor injury to her elbow and lower arm. She was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:57 a.m. Wednesday, July 6, North CR 800W, south of West CR 640N, Warsaw. Driver: Henrry N. Caceres-Flores, 36, Elkhart. Caceres-Flores was traveling north on North CR 800W when he overcorrected his vehicle, causing his vehicle to leave the roadway and flip more than once. Caceres-Flores’ vehicle came to a rest on its top in a planted field. Two occupants in the vehicle, Roger A. Licona-Amaya, 27, Elkhart; and Migeul Amaya-Sanchez, 35, Harrison Street, Elkhart, were unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle. Caceres-Flores complained of pain to his shoulder and upper arm. A third passenger, Josue Banegas, 18, Elkhart, complained of back pain. Licona-Amaya sustained a contusion to his head and Amaya-Sanchez complained of pain to his shoulder and upper arm. A fourth passenger in the vehicle, Marlon O. Caceres-Padilla, 31, West Blaine Avenue, Elkhart, was uninjured. Caceres-Flores, Licona-Amaya, Amaya-Sanchez, and Banegas were all taken to local hospitals for evaluation. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:35 a.m. Monday, July 11, Fourth Street, east of West Street, Milford. Drivers: Grant D. Ruch, 31, North West Street, Milford; and Jessica Miller, 18, Alexis Drive, Milford. Ruch was traveling south on West Street and stopped at the stop sign at the Fourth Street intersection. Ruch did not see Miller’s vehicle traveling west on Fourth Street and a collision occurred. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:41 p.m. Monday, July 11, 306 S. Main St., North Webster. Driver: Roger L. Bruce, 66, EMS B61L Lane, Warsaw. Bruce believed he parked his vehicle and entered a store. When he returned, he discovered his vehicle must not have been placed into park. Bruce’s vehicle hit a light pole. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 9:22 a.m. Monday, July 11, 107 E. Innovation Blvd., Syracuse. Driver: Brenda F. Waldron, 68, Pigeon Street, Ligonier. Waldron was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:14 p.m. Monday, July 11, 900 Provident Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Anita M. Bruner, 82, South CR 600W, Silver Lake. Bruner was attempting to park her vehicle when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 10:15 a.m. Monday, July 11, SR 15, near Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Jessica A. Johnson, 30, CR 11, Nappanee; and Lori J. Bull, 49, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Johnson was traveling south on SR 15 and was approaching the intersection of Anchorage Road when the light for southbound SR 15 traffic turned red. Bull proceeded through the intersection when her light was green while Johnson ran a red light. Bull complained of neck pain but refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.