Baked Beef Tacos
A juicy beef filling stuffed in crispy taco shells. Perfect easy meal for the weekend.
This recipe is brought to you by:
- 10 to 12 crispy taco shells OR soft tortillas of choice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:
- 1 tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- 2 tsp EACH cumin powder, paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust spiciness to taste, can skip)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red or white onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- Taco sauce (optional)
- Other: coriander/cilantro, jalapeño, hot sauce / chilli sauce, pickled chillies, salsa sauce, pico de gallo
Preheat oven to 350F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and onion – cook 2 minutes until golden.
Add beef and cook for 2 minutes, breaking it up as you go, until it changes from red to light brown.
Add Taco Seasonings and cook for 2 minutes until beef is cooked through.
Add tomato paste and water. Cook for 1 minute or until water is evaporated and you’re left with a juicy not not watery beef filling.
Place taco shells in a baking pan (I can fit 10 in). Fill with taco meat, top with cheese.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is melted by which time the shells with be crispy.
Serve tacos hot, straight out of the oven. Lay out toppings and sauces of choice on the table and let everyone assemble their own!