Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8:44 p.m. Saturday, April 23, East US 30 and South CR 325E, Warsaw. Drivers: Tracey D. McClelland, 42, South East Ridge Drive North, Warsaw; and Preshus L. Pace, 29, Strathdon Drive, Fort Wayne. McClelland said she looked both ways and started to cross at the intersection. Her vehicle hit Pace’s. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 7:51 p.m. Saturday, April 23, 340 E. Levi Lee Road, west of Old SR 15, Warsaw. Driver: Francis B. Perez-Martinez, 24, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Perez-Martinez was driving through the trailer park, and his vehicle hit a parked vehicle, causing that vehicle to hit another parked vehicle. He was drunk and gave a presumptive breath sample of .017. That investigation is ongoing. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 1:02 p.m. Saturday, April 23, North CR 200W, north of West CR 300N, Warsaw. Driver: Michael L. Bowers, 60, West CR 500S, Mentone. Bowers’ motorcycle left the roadway due to him believing he was going to be hit by a truck traveling on the road. He was thrown from the motorcycle. He complained of head, neck, arm and leg pain and was taken to a hospital for evaluation. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 11:48 a.m. Friday, April 22, West US 30, east of North CR 350W, Warsaw. Drivers: Taryn M. Bailey, 19, CR J, Delta, Ohio; and Herbert Lowe, 33, Ellis Avenue, South Holland, Ill. Bailey started to merge into the right lane due to a construction zone ahead. She also was trying to pass Lowe’s vehicle, which was also merging. Her vehicle hit Lowe’s and hit some construction barrels. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 9 p.m. Saturday, April 23, SR 15, south of CR 350N, Warsaw. Drivers: Victoria Randolph, 28, Klinger Lake Road, Sturgis, Mich.; and Robert J. Rowsey, 51, North Walnut Street, Columbia City. Randolph made a U-turn in the middle of the road to turn around. While Randolph was making the turn, Rowsey’s vehicle drove around hers. Their vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 7:32 p.m. Friday, April 22, 1695 W. Lake St., Warsaw. Driver: Brianna L. Cole-Sumpter, 20, Miami Drive, Warsaw. Sumpter was trying to pull past a parked vehicle when she hit it with hers. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 3:03 p.m. Friday, April 22, East US 30 and East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Wyatt J. Slusher, 18, West Columbia Street, South Whitley; and Erica L. Bruce, 42, Clinic Court, Warsaw. Slusher didn’t yield the right of way to Bruce’s vehicle. He said he didn’t pay attention and turned left in front of Bruce’s vehicle. His vehicle hit hers. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:07 p.m. Thursday, April 21, 423 Kinney Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Unknown. A parked vehicle was hit by an unknown driver. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 4:03 p.m. Thursday, April 21, Anchorage Road and East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Tyler A. Ness, 36, West CR 150N, Columbia City; and Tiffany N. Barker, 30, Weston Drive, Columbia City. Ness’ foot slipped off the brake of his vehicle, causing it to hit the back of Barker’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:02 p.m. Friday, April 22, 12th Street, north of College Avenue, Winona Lake. Driver: Bryan L. Keller, 40, SR 15, Goshen. Keller was traveling through an alleyway, pulling a trailer with a mini excavator. The excavator hit a cable connected to a pole. That caused to pole to break in half and the cable to be broken. Damage: Up to $25,000.