Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:03 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, West Old Road 30, east of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Michael K. Granning, 79, Centerhurst Road, Fort Wayne. Granning’s vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, West Old Road 30, east of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Tina S. Goon, 60, North CR 300W, Warsaw. Goon’s vehicle ran over a deer that had been hit by another vehicle. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 12:23 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, South SR 13 and East Shoop Road, Pierceton. Driver: Dustin D. Greenwood, 43, East US 30, Pierceton. Greenwood’s vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:50 p.m. Monday, Feb. 21, North CR 150W, south of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Lizbeth Navarro Robles, 23, West CR 100S, Warsaw. Navarro Robles’ vehicle hit a deer. She was driving using an expired ID card. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 6:54 p.m. Monday, Feb. 21, South CR 700W, north of Mile Marker West CR 1150S, Akron. Driver: Edward C. Haines, 49, West Sixth Street, Rochester. Haines’ vehicle hit a deer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 9:56 a.m. Monday, Feb. 21, North CR 700W, south of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Keelin N. Beldon, 19, 19th Road, Argos. Beldon said a vehicle drifted into her lane. She swerved her vehicle to the right to avoid being hit by that vehicle. Her vehicle hit a small patch of ice on the roadway, which caused her vehicle to leave the roadway and go down into a ditch. She drove through the ditch and into a cornfield before coming to a stop. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:44 a.m. Friday, Feb. 18, North SR 15 and West Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Robert J. Kurtz, 61, CR 21, New Paris; Matthew D. Raley, 32, Allison Avenue, Panama City Beach, Fla.; and Brian C. Schlabach, 18, North Camelot Trail, Milford. A collision occurred. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, West SR 14, east of South CR 750W, Silver Lake. Driver: Alexandra Gomez Delgadillo, 21, North Mishawaka St., Akron. Gomez Delgadillo said she was traveling westbound on SR 14 when she drove over a large amount of standing water, which forced her vehicle off the right side of the road and into a field. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:32 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, South SR 15 and Prairie Street, Warsaw. Driver: Unknown. A witness said an unknown vehicle struck a crosswalk sign at the intersection of SR 15 and Prairie Street. The witness said the vehicle was pulling a flatbed trailer. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:24 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19, US 30 and Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Lannise M. Binion, 29, University Avenue, South Holland, Ill.; and Katrina J. Rabel, 21, College Line, Aylmer, Ontario, Canada. Binion said her child in the back seat behind her was crying and she was trying to comfort her. When she turned around in her seat, she moved her foot off the brake pedal. That caused her vehicle to hit Rabel’s. Binion was issued a citation for operating a vehicle without financial responsibility and information and a summons for operator never licensed. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Goshen Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:21 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 17, 1700 block of Lincolnway East, Goshen. Brittani Shields, Nappanee, reported a vehicle collision near the intersection of Keystone Drive and Lincolnway East. The other party involved left the scene of the accident.