Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 7:32 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6, 1111 Polk Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Deborah L. Scharf, 66, East CR 400N, Warsaw. Scharf got turned around while trying to find Walmart. She was trying to figure out where she was when she drove over the curb in the area of 1111 Polk Drive, Warsaw. She complained of back pain. She was taken to the hospital for further evaluation. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 7:46 p.m. Friday, Nov. 5, 920 Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Driver: Margarita Juarez, 20, Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Juarez was traveling southbound in the Forest Park trailer park towards her trailer. She said a dog was in the roadway and she swerved to avoid hitting the dog. That caused her vehicle to hit a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 2:44 p.m. Friday, Nov. 5, East Center Street, west of North Lincoln Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Lorranda H. Coffing, 51, East Pierceton Road, Pierceton; Gregory B. Watkins, 63, West CR 750N, Etna Green; and Brian A. Nault, 46, West Main Street, Warsaw. Coffing was traveling eastbound on East Center Street approaching the Lincoln Street intersection, Warsaw. She said she saw that traffic was slowed ahead of her, so she applied her brakes. Her foot slipped off the brake pedal and onto the accelerator pedal, causing her vehicle to hit Watkins’, which caused his vehicle to hit Nault’s. Watkins complained of neck/head pain and was checked out by medics on scene. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 7:36 a.m. Friday, Nov. 5, Ranch Road, north of Fawley Street, Warsaw. Driver: Stacey L. Hatfield, 33, EMS B40 Lane, Leesburg. Hatfield was traveling northbound on Ranch Road and Fawley Street, Warsaw, when a deer collided with her vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 7:56 a.m. Monday, Nov. 1, East Winona Avenue and Argonne Road, Winona Lake. Drivers: Edna M. McGuire, 42, Sand Castle Drive, Warsaw; and Timothy C. Heckaman, 43, West CR 600S, Claypool. McGuire said she was traveling southbound on Argonne Road and was approaching the intersection of Winona Avenue, Winona Lake. She said the traffic light was red and she decided to use the access road that goes from Argonne Road to Winona Avenue. As she approached Winona Avenue from the access road, she didn’t see the trailer attached to Heckaman’s vehicle. McGuire pulled onto the roadway to travel westbound and crossed into eastbound traffic, hitting Heckaman’s vehicle with hers. Damage: Up to $25,000.