Red Cross Holding Six Blood Drives In Warsaw
WARSAW — The American Red Cross is holding several local blood drives in July due to a severe blood shortage.
Upcoming blood drives are as follows:
- noon to 6 p.m. July 8, Center Lake Pavilion
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 9, Kosciusko Community Hospital
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 10, Warsaw Walmart
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 13, Center Lake Pavilion
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 21, Center Lake Pavilion
- noon to 6 p.m. July 28, Center Lake Pavilion
Right now, the American Red Cross is experiencing a severe blood shortage as the number of trauma cases, organ transplants and elective surgeries rise, depleting the nation’s blood inventory. Donors of all blood types, especially type O, are urged to make an appointment to give as soon as possible to prevent further impact to patients.
Hospitals are currently seeing a higher number of emergency room visits, and when seconds count in trauma situations, it’s the blood already on the shelves that can make all the difference in life-saving care. As people make summer plans after a challenging year, the Red Cross asks those who are eligible to make blood donation a summer activity that can help save lives.