MILFORD — The following books and events are available at the Milford Public Library.
10 BOOKS TO COMMEMORATE MEMORIAL DAY
We honor and remember those who have given their life in service to their country. Here are 10 books offered at the Milford Public Library to commemorate Memorial Day.
- “Memorial Day” by Connor Dayton (E Day)
- “Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops” by Jill Biden (EP Bid)
- “The Poppy Lady: Moina Belle Michael and Her Tribute to Veterans” by Barbara Walsh (j921 Mic)
- “Year of the Jungle: Memories from the Home Front” by Suzanne Collins (EP Col)
- “Ghost Soldiers: The Forgotten Epic Story of World War II’s Most Dramatic Mission” by Hampton Sides (940.5425 S568)
- “Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL’s True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and The Ultimate Sacrifice” by Brandon Webb (E-Book, available on OverDrive)
- “Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania” by Erik Larson (940.451 Lar)
- “No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal” by Mark Owen (958.104 Owe)
- “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption” by Laura Hillenbrand (940.54 Hil)
- “A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II”by Adam Makos (940.54 Mak)
CLOSED MONDAY MAY 31
The library will be closed in observance of Memorial Day. They will resume normal hours at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 1. You may drop off your returns to the drop boxes, located on either side of the Catherine Street entrance.
NAME THE GNOME CONTEST – MAY 10-28
The library has a new friend and they need your help giving him a name. Their Gnome is going to be traveling around Milford this summer. MPL will have a contest to guess where he’s at during their summer reading program and give away prizes for the correct guess. Before he sets out on his adventure, he needs a name. So give MPL your best ideas. Email your submissions to [email protected] by May 28.
KITE GIVEAWAY – MONTH OF MAY
MPL is kicking off the countdown to their summer reading program, “Tails & Tales,” by giving away FREE kites. MPL looks. forward to seeing you for their summer reading program “Tails & Tales” starting June 7. Sign up begins June 1, but you can enjoy your wait in May with some outdoor fun. Children 18 & under may pick up their kite at a circulation desk. Limit one kite per child. No library card needed.
MAY LEGO CREW CHALLENGE
Inspired by all of the colorful blooms, the Lego Crew challenge for May is to build a flower. Invite your friends and let us make a beautiful bouquet of Lego flowers. Please submit photos of your creation to [email protected] by Monday May 24. The winner of the challenge wins a new Lego kit. The library staff will take a vote on submissions to determine the winner. No library card needed.
Milford Public Library is excited to offer patrons our new and much faster Wi-Fi network. Since the old network is no longer accessible, Wi-Fi users will have to register to gain access to the new one. Please see one of our friendly staff for help with setting up your account. Registering to use the new wireless system will only take a few minutes, so please sign up today. Our new wireless system was made possible with grant funds from the Kosciusko County Community Foundation.