WARSAW — Wagon Wheel Theatre staff recently announced audition information for youth ages eight to 18 for its 2021 summer season productions of ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ ‘The Music Man,’ and ‘Big the Musical.’
Auditions will take place Saturday, May 1, at the Wagon Wheel Center for the Arts. Those interested are asked to arrive early to fill out forms. Ages eight to 10 will audition at 9:30 a.m.; ages 11 to 13 will audition at 11 a.m.; and ages 13 to 18 will audition at 12:30 p.m.
Wagon Wheel staff will be teaching a short music selection for the audition. Those selected must be available for all rehearsal days and performances. ‘Wizard of Oz’ will work around school schedules. Wagon Wheel will not be able to accommodate any conflicts. Visit the Wagon Wheel website for exact performance dates and times.
Wagon Wheel is looking for the following talent:
The Wizard of Oz
- Rehearsal and performance dates: May 15 to June 12
- boys and girls ages 8-15 (must be under five feet tall)
The Music Man
- Rehearsal and performance dates: June 17 to July 10
- Amaryllis – girl, age 8-12
- Winthrop – boy, age 7-11
- four to five for ensemble – boys, age 8-12
Big The Musical
- Rehearsal and performance dates: July 1-24
- Billy – boy, age 11-15
- Young Josh – boy, age 11-15
- teen ensemble – age 11-18
Due to time constraints, Wagon Wheel cannot accommodate alternate audition times or days. For more information, e-mail [email protected].