Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:30 p.m. Thursday, March 11, North CR 300E south of East Lapoint Drive, Milford. Drivers: James A. Hyde, 23, East Winona Avenue, Warsaw, and Daniel J. Reed, 30, County Road 29, Syracuse. Hyde was traveling northbound on North CR 300E at the intersection of Lapoint Road, Milford. Reed was slowing his vehicle down for stopped traffic. Hyde didn’t see him do that. He tried to swerve his vehicle to miss Reed’s, but his vehicle hit it. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 6:28 a.m. Thursday, March 11, West SR 25 east of South CR 700W, Mentone. Driver: Timothy A. Hayden, 56, East CR 575N, Rochester. Hayden was traveling eastbound on SR 25, Mentone, when a dog entered his lane of travel. He swerved his vehicle to miss colliding with the dog and his vehicle ran off the road. It struck two mailboxes before going into a yard. Hayden was treated for a cut on his head. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3 a.m. Thursday, March 11, East Armstrong Road and North CR 75E, Leesburg. Driver: Mark A. Prescott, 57, North Nappanee Street, Nappanee. Prescott was traveling eastbound on Armstrong Road preparing to turn right onto CR 75E, Leesburg. He said an animal entered his path of travel, and his vehicle struck it. He later returned to the scene and found a dead raccoon near the roadway. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:06 p.m. Thursday, March 11, East Center Street and North Reed Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Mikaela J. Lyons, 26, West Blackberry Trail, Warsaw, and Sonia Hidalgo, 47, Salman Drive, Warsaw. Lyons was traveling westbound on East Center Street, Warsaw, behind Hidalgo’s vehicle. She became distracted by her daughter in the back seat, and she didn’t realize that her vehicle was so close to Hidalgo’s. Her vehicle hit Hidalgo’s. Damage: Up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 10:17 a.m. Wednesday, March 10, CR 142, east of CR 29, New Paris. Driver: Gary Pletcher, 53, Goshen. Pletcher’s vehicle went off the road and struck a tree. He sustained lacerations to his head, arms and leg and was transported by helicopter to Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne.