Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 10:56 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, Lake City Highway west of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jacob W. Moeller, 20, North Blue Heron Drive, Warsaw, and Nergui Naranbold, 48, Buccaneer Drive, Glenview, Ill. Moeller was traveling eastbound on Lake City Highway, Warsaw. He tried to pass Naranbold’s vehicle. His vehicle’s tires caught snow on the roadway, causing it to spin and hit Naranbold’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:25 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, North SR 13 north of North Nash Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Elaine M. Spaulding, 56, North Kern Road, Syracuse, and Dalton J. Pearish, 21, North Candy Cane Lane, Cromwell. Spaulding was traveling northbound on North SR 13, Syracuse, and said she didn’t see Pearish’s vehicle stopped in front of her or any brake lights. Her vehicle hit the back of Pearish’s. She was taken to the hospital after complaining of back pain. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 3:09 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, South CR 700W and South Beaver Dam Road, Burket. Driver: Matthew R. Lozano, 18, East Main Street, Akron. Lozano was traveling southbound on CR 700W, Burket, and trying to turn westbound onto Beaver Dam Road. His vehicle slid on the snow- and ice-covered roadway. It struck a stop sign. Damage: Up to $1,000.
- 8:25 a.m. Monday, Feb. 8, North CR 650E north of East CR 650N, Warsaw. Driver: Brian N. Anderson, 43, North Sullivan Road, Leesburg. Anderson was clearing snow and widening the intersection for the county highway department. He didn’t see a large rock covered in snow. His vehicle struck the rock. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 5:15 a.m. Monday, Feb. 8, North CR 75E south of East Armstrong Road, Leesburg/Warsaw. Driver: Robert C. Kelsey, 41, East Raintree Road, Warsaw. Kelsey was traveling north on North CR 75E near the intersection of East Armstrong Road. He applied his brakes to slow down his vehicle, but it slid on the snow-covered roadway. He lost control of it, and it left the roadway and hit a snowbank. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 9:16 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 7, 4253 N. CR 600W, Warsaw. Driver: Emily G. Goon, 17, North CR 600W, Warsaw. Goon was backing out of the garage at her home when she backed into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 6:54 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 7, North CR 150E north of East CR 1300N, Milford. Driver: Christopher R. Jarvis, 17, North Main Street, Milford. Jarvis was traveling northbound on North CR 150E, Milford. He had turned his vehicle northbound onto North CR 150E from East CR 1300N. He lost control of his vehicle, which left the roadway, striking the base of a guy wire. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:46 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, South SR 15 north of West CR 600S, Claypool. Drivers: Heather L. Bartley, 35, Sheridan Road, Fort Wayne, and Clare E. Little, 20, Arapaho Way, Carmel. Bartley was traveling eastbound on CR 600S, west of SR 15, Claypool. While approaching the intersection, she said she reduced her speed and tried to stop for the stop sign at CR 600S and SR 15. Due to slick road conditions, her vehicle lost traction and proceeded past the stop sign and into the intersection. This caused Little’s vehicle to hit Bartley’s. Little complained of stiffness in her neck but refused medical attention. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 8:20 p.m. Friday, Feb. 5, West CR 850S east of South CR 700W, Burket. Driver: Sebastian B. Lackey, 25, West CR 200S, Warsaw. Lackey was traveling north on CR 700W south of CR 850S, Burket. He tried to turn his vehicle east onto CR 850S, but lost traction due to slick roadway conditions. His vehicle hit a stop sign post. Damage: Up to $1,000.
Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, West CR 900S west of South CR 900W, Claypool. Driver: Rigoberto A. Aca, 43, South Valentine Road, Claypool. Aca was traveling westbound on CR 900S passing through the intersection of CR 900W, Claypool. He lost control of his vehicle on the snow-covered roadway. It left the roadway and hit a snowbank and utility pole. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:20 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 4, West SR 25 and North Etna Street, Mentone. Drivers: Jane Shaum, 53, 15781 N. Meridian Road, Akron, and Howard J. Otto, 27, 16B Road, Bourbon. Shaum was traveling southbound on Etna Street, Mentone, and approaching the stop sign at the intersection of Etna and Main streets. She applied the brakes, but her vehicle slid on the snow and ice into the westbound lane of SR 25 where it was struck by Otto’s vehicle. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:55 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, North Detroit Street and Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Edmond S. Crousore, 52, East Ridge Drive, Warsaw, and Brian P. Norman, 55, East CR 575N, Leesburg. Crousore was traveling southbound on North Detroit Street, preparing to turn left onto Anchorage Road, Warsaw. He saw a flashing yellow turn arrow for his lane, so he accelerated, and his vehicle hit Norman’s, which was traveling northbound on North Detroit Street. Norman said his light turned yellow as he reached the intersection. Due to slick road conditions, Norman knew he couldn’t stop in time and believed he could make it through the intersection before the light changed. He entered the intersection at the same time as Crousore. Crousore was taken to the hospital with a complaint of neck, back, rib and shin pain. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 5:21 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, Argonne Road north of East Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Christopher J. Miller, 43, Regency Court, Plymouth, and Tammie S. Davis, 56, Rosemont Avenue, Warsaw. Miller was in his vehicle behind another vehicle and Davis’ vehicle, stopped at the red light on Parkway Avenue and East Winona Avenue. As soon as the light turned green, Miller went around the other vehicle and Davis’. His vehicle hit Davis’. Miller continued driving after the accident, traveling westbound on East Winona Avenue and turned onto McKinley Street, where he stopped. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 4:58 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, South Buffalo Street north of West Jefferson Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Heather M. Stockman, 36, Second Street, Winona Lake, and Nicholas M. Parker, 32, East CR 600S, Warsaw. Stockman was pulling out of a parking lot onto South Buffalo Street, Warsaw. There was a van along the roadway that blocked her view. She traveled into the roadway and struck Parker’s vehicle with hers. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 3:49 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, Husky Trail and Mariners Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: James B. Clayton, 63, EMS W22 Lane, North Webster, and Cary L. Bruner, 60, South Bruner Road, Warsaw. Clayton was traveling eastbound on Mariners Drive, Warsaw, and began to merge southbound in the roundabout. He said he yielded and didn’t see Bruner’s vehicle. Clayton hit it with his. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 3:44 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8, Springhill Road east of Betsy Court, Warsaw. Drivers: Alexandra N. Hodges, 27, Fairlane Drive, Warsaw, and Angela N. Metz, 40, Springhill Road, Warsaw. Hodges was traveling westbound on Springhill Road, Warsaw, going into a curve, driving a school bus. She didn’t see Metz’s vehicle in the curve. Hodges’ bus struck Metz’s vehicle. There were four students on the bus at the time of the accident. They and the two drivers were not injured. Damage: Up to $2,500.