Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:25 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, East CR 300N and North CR 475E, Warsaw. Driver: Betsy M. Scott, 49, East CR 500N, Leesburg. Scott was traveling northbound on CR 475E, approaching CR 300N, Warsaw. She was stopping her vehicle for the stop sign at an intersection, and her vehicle slid through the intersection, striking a stop sign and a utility pole. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:27 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, East CR 300N north of North CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Chance A. Raney, 17, North First Place, Leesburg. Raney was traveling northbound and tried to stop at a stop sign. His vehicle ran off the road and struck a utility pole. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:32 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, South CR 700E north of East CR 750S, Pierceton. Driver: Abigail G. Lancaster, 18, East CR 950S, South Whitley. Lancaster was traveling southbound on South CR 700E in the area north of East CR 750S, Pierceton. An oncoming vehicle went by, and she lost control of her vehicle due to the snow-covered roads. Her vehicle left the roadway and collided with a ditch, turned around and collided with the ditch again. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:22 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, East CR 1000N west of EMS D13 Lane, Milford. Driver: Billy T. Yates, 27, North Old SR 15, Leesburg. Yates was traveling eastbound on CR 1000N, Milford, and entered a curve in the roadway. His vehicle left the roadway at the address of 3779 E. CR 1000N, Milford. His vehicle struck a mailbox and utility box. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:57 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, East CR 200N and North SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Lindsay L. Keister, 39, West CR 350S, Kimmell. Keister was traveling northbound on SR 13 and turned right onto CR 200N, Pierceton. She lost control of her vehicle due to snow, and her vehicle left the roadway, hitting a wire. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:17 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, East CR 300N east of North CR 400E, Warsaw. Driver: Kari A. Knepper, 45, East CR 100N, Warsaw. Knepper was traveling westbound on East CR 300N at the intersection of North CR 400E, Warsaw. She couldn’t stop her vehicle due to road conditions, and her vehicle left the roadway, hitting a stop sign. Damage up to $1,000.
- 9:54 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, North CR 1000E and East CR 1250N, Cromwell. Driver: Latrisha K. Nickolson, 46, North CR 900W, Cromwell. Nickolson was traveling westbound on CR 1250N and turned her vehicle right onto CR 1000E, Cromwell. She lost control of her vehicle due to snow on the road and her vehicle slid into a ditch, resting on the driver’s side. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 6:56 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, CR 142, west of CR 17, southwest of Goshen. Driver: Alexys McLay, 25, New Paris. McLay swerved to avoid hitting an animal causing her vehicle to roll onto the driver’s side. McLay complained of neck pain. A passenger, Mckenna Mayfield, 1, New Paris, had no visible injuries. McLay and Mayfield were transported to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.