By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — The Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission renewed six permits during a virtual meeting on Thursday, Nov. 5.
A renewal for The Barbee Landing, 3687 N. Barbee Road, Warsaw, was once again continued to next month’s board meeting. Joel Stein, the restaurant’s owner, was present at the meeting and told the board he spoke with Indiana ATC Prosecutor Josh Harrison about resolving permit violations the restaurant has. Stein will appear at the local board’s December meeting with an update on the matter.
Tessa Smalley, representing Oswego Mini Mart & Café, 2757 E. Armstrong Road, Leesburg, also attended the meeting for a new alcoholic beverage permit for the business. However, the application was continued to the board’s December meeting due to no signage being posted in the storefront informing the public about the application.
A permit renewal for Handy Spot Liquors, 2223 E. Center St., Warsaw, was approved at the meeting after a violation was addressed. The business was fined after an employee failed to check a customer’s identification, resulting in the employee furnishing alcohol to a minor. The employee has been terminated.
The following permits were also renewed:
- American Legion Post #223, 1008 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – fraternal club.
- Cerulean Winona Lake LLC, doing business as Cerulean, 1101 E. Canal St., Winona Lake. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Charcroff Investments LLC, doing business as Wings Etc., 3416 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Claypool Inn, 108 S. Main St., Claypool. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Jham Bar LLC, doing business as Lucky’s Tavern, 560 S. Main St., North Webster. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The board’s next meeting will be held virtually at 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3.