By Leah Sander
MENTONE — Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation is planning to have $25,564,063 in its budget for next year.
The Tippecanoe Valley School Board adopted the budget at its regular meeting on Monday, Oct. 12, at Mentone Elementary School.
The budget breaks down to $13,360,767 in the education fund; $2,896,574 in the debt service fund; and $9,306,722 in the operations fund.
The board had a public hearing on the budget at its last regular meeting on Sept. 21.
In other business, the board also:
- Approved the hiring of Mentone instructional assistant Karissa Deardorff and custodian Amber LaFree; Akron Elementary School instructional assistant Alana Bogle; and Tippecanoe Valley High School custodians Jacqueline Mace and Jaime Frantom.
- Approved Leslie Brouyette as Mentone athletic director, Courtney Kindig as Mentone fifth grade volleyball coach, Derek Miller as TVHS JV softball coach, Kenneth Surface as TVHS assistant swim coach, Terra Kohler as TVHS assistant cheer coach, Keaton Bell as TVHS assistant wrestling coach and Nathan Shewman as TVHS assistant wrestling coach.
- Accepted the resignations of Burket Educational Center instructional assistant Hillary Rodewald, Mentone custodian Jamie Wallace, Tippecanoe Valley Middle School custodian Deb Craft, TVMS seventh grade girls basketball coach Mark Davis and Akron instructional assistant Brittany Harris.
- Accepted a $400 donation from Roann First Brethren Church.
That will pay for food for Mentone and Akron Elementary School families in need through the Boomerang Backpack program.
- Accepted $22,100 from Bib’s Billfold.
The organization, in honor of late TVHS graduate, teacher, coach and counselor Scott Bibler, raises funds for TVSC students and teachers through its annual Sweet and Sassy Golf Classic.
The event raised $21,400 directly for the organization with another $700 being donated to it in honor of the late Jerry Zolman.
Zolman is the father of TVSC Board President Aaron Zolman; Zolman graduated from Mentone High School and helped keep records for Valley Athletics.
- Heard from TVSC Superintendent Blaine Conley about an update on the TVHS softball facility project.
Crews are working on getting the grass settled in. There are a few things left to be completed in the new press box and concession building.
- Heard an update from TVHS senior student representative Mackenzie Costello on high school activities.
Seniors are to get a day off from school soon to visit the college of their choice. Valley is hosting volleyball sectionals this year, which are this week.
The board’s next regular meeting is 6 p.m. Nov. 16 at Mentone Elementary.