Story Hour And More At Bell Memorial Public Library
MENTONE — Bell Memorial Public Library announced its events for the week of Dec. 16-20.
For folks not in the Bell Memorial Library’s tax district, a superb idea for a Christmas Gift would be a Library card! The fee for out of district cards is $88.77 and is good for an entire year. A Library Card would be a superb gift of entertainment, information and education that lasts all year!
Our Library Board will meet on Monday, Dec. 16 at 6:30 p.m. Items on the agenda this month will be:
- Discussion regarding the switch to fine free with the potential for patrons to have their account sent to a collection agency as well as a negative comment being sent for their credit report for non-return of materials.
- Discussion about changing loan limits.
- Elyza Oswald, Young Adult Department, has submitted her resignation effective 31 December. For the short term, the library will cover her hours with existing staff and may potentially begin accepting resumes in the 1st quarter of 2020.
- A contractor has completed removing the cabinets, baseboard heat and stage from the Children’s Room. Carpet installation should begin later in December. Much needs to be done prior to moving materials back into the room.
- E-Rate forms that were signed and submitted.
- Received state form 1782 for our budgets. All were allowed as published.
- Dick Webb requested to not be reappointed as a Trustee but will remain a member until a new volunteer steps forward. Sandi Schaeffer agreed to be reappointed.
Meetings are open to the public and the library encourages the public to attend.
Story Hour will take place on Friday, Dec. 20 at 10 a.m. This week’s theme will be “Christmas”. Stories to be read are: “Red and Lulu” by Matt Tavares and “A Wish to be a Christmas Tree” by Colleen Monroe. Children’s craft project will be a paint and fold Christmas tree.
Read it, Watch it Teen Book/Movie Club is Dec. 17, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Read a Christmas book to talk about and we’ll watch “Edward Scissorhands.” Snacks will be provided. Read it, Watch it is for teens ages 12-18.
See what’s streaming on Hoopla Digital. Log on today to read these eBooks: “The First Snowdrop” by Mary Balogh, “A Snowy Little Christmas” by Fern Michaels and “25 Days ‘Til Christmas” by Poppy Alexander. Teens and children can browse these titles: “A Very Fiona Christmas” by Richard Cowdrey Zondervan and “The Gingerbread Pirates” by Kristin Kladstrup.
Teen Ornament make and take craft night! Thursday, Dec. 19, 4:30-6 p.m. Teens will be making yarn ornaments. For more information, please contact Elyza at (574) 353-7234.