WARSAW — An alcoholic beverage permit transfer for the Phillips 66 Convenience Store in Warsaw was denied during the Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission meeting on Thursday, Sept. 5.
The business, located at 2518 E. Center St., has not had a representative present at any board meeting regarding the permit transfer since July. An orange sign notifying the public of a change in the liquor license’s ownership was not placed in a front window of the business.
“This is at least the fourth time this transfer has been continued,” said Excise Officer April Tackett. “After the third time of continuance, the board is officially allowed to vote and either approve or deny the transfer.”
According to Tackett, the Phillips 66 Convenience Store still has a valid liquor license through the business’ former owners.
“If they aren’t here for approval for the transfer, then why would we approve them for a renewal in the future?” said Board Member Dan Woods.
Bryan Burcroff, representing Wings Etc., Warsaw, was present at the meeting regarding a permit transfer. The restaurant, at 3416 Lake City Highway, changed ownership in July. The board approved the permit transfer.
A permit transfer for Kmart in Warsaw was continued to the board’s next monthly meeting, as no representatives for the business were present.
The following permits were renewed at the September meeting:
- Service Liquors Inc., doing business as Service Liquors East, 3720 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – package store.
- Freedom Oil LLC, doing business as Freedom Express #1, 109 W. State St., Etna Green. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Freedom Oil LLC, doing business as Freedom Express #6, 203 S. Main St., Leesburg. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Dolgencorp LLC, doing business as Dollar General Store #16323, 221 W. School St., Leesburg. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Warsaw Bowl, 1702 E. Market St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Flume LLC, doing business as RVA, 108 E. Market St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Sylver Moon Inc., doing business as Louie’s Bar and Grill, 209 E. Bowser Road, Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Saint Regis Club LLC, doing business as Anthology, 101 E. Center St. Unit 101, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – riverfront.
- Yoder Family Investments LLC, doing business as Wawasee Bowling Lanes, 1201 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The board’s next meeting will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3, in the Kosciusko County Courthouse.