KOSCIUSKO — The Kosciusko County Alcoholic Beverage Board renewed four permits and approved two new licenses during its meeting Thursday, Aug. 2.
Joel Stein, owner of Channel Side LLC, was present at the meeting regarding a license renewal for The Barbee Landing, Warsaw. Stein presented food figures and tax information from the restaurant to the board. Due to the type of license, the restaurant has to meet certain requirements regarding income. The board approved the renewal.
Jamie Archer from Claypool Inn was also present to address a permit violation. The previous owners of the business had a couple of violations, including a bartender without a license. Archer decided it was just easier to pay the fines in order to take care of the violation. After addressing the violation, the board approved Claypool Inn’s license renewal.
Kimberly Johnson, an owner of Louie’s Bar and Grill, Syracuse, was at the meeting to address a violation. An employee had served alcohol to a minor. Both the owner and server were fined. Since fines have already been paid, the board approved the license renewal for the restaurant.
Hermilia Mendoza, owner of El Comal 2 Inc., Warsaw, was present at the meeting for a new alcohol license. David Gustafson, representing Anthology, Warsaw, also was present regarding a new alcohol license. The board approved both licenses.
The following new permits were approved:
- El Comal 2 Inc., 1303 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – riverfront.
- Saint Regis Club LLC, doing business as Anthology, 101 E. Center St. Unit 101, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – riverfront.
The following permits were renewed:
- Mac’s Convenience Stores LLC, doing business as Circle K #2372, 606 N. Main St., North Webster. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Channel Side LLC, doing business as The Barbee Landing, 3687 N. Barbee Road, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Claypool LLC, doing business as Claypool Inn, 108 S. Main St., Claypool. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Sylver Moon Inc., doing business as Louie’s Bar and Grill, 209 W. Bowser Road, Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The board’s next meeting will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, in the Kosciusko County Courthouse.