By CAPT. JAMES L. BRABERRY,
Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department
ELKHART COUNTY — Officers’ efforts paid-off this morning after nine people were arrested on felony warrants, which included those being charged with dealing in methamphetamine, robbery while armed with a deadly weapon, auto theft, battery and habitual traffic violators.
Beginning at approximately 4 a.m. members of the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department, including officers from the detective bureau, patrol division and the corrections division, joined forces with the Elkhart City, Nappanee City and Middlebury police departments and Indiana State Police to implement the planned service of outstanding felony warrants.
The purpose of serving the warrants was to target serious crimes such as drug charges or violent offenses. Though arrests were not made on all subjects targeted, officeres gained valuable information to be used in the future to help locate wanted subjects.
The following persons were arrested as a result of today’s warrant service:
- Travis W. Blair, dealing methamphetamine, class B felony
- Gerald L. Jackson also known as, Jerry L. Jackson, robbery while armed with a deadly weapon, class B felony
- Andrew L. Dunn, habitual traffic violator, class C felony
- Tony M. Perez, habitual traffic violator, class C felony
- Cane S.K. Haitsma, auto theft, level 6 felony
- Jeffrey A. Cotherman, fraud, level 6 felony and theft, class A misdemeanor
- Dominique C. Mack, battery resulting in serious bodily injury, class D felony
- Brian D. Baer, battery to a pregnant woman, a level 5 felony, and domestic battery, class A misdemeanor
- Joshua S. Kelly, domestic battery in the presence of a child, class D felony.