SYRACUSE — Both employees and patrons were taken aback to see the dining room filling with smoke this afternoon at Cool Beans Espressos, 109 S. Huntington St., Syracuse.
A small electrical fire on the grill began to emit smoke, and a patron in the diner made the call to the fire department while employees used fire extinguishers to attempt to extinguish the flames.
At that time, employees began to encourage patrons to exit the restaurant.
Turkey Creek Fire Territory was called to the scene, with the request for a tanker assist from Milford Fire Department. Almost immediately, Milford Fire was given the call to disregard.
The fire was marked under control within five minutes of the fire department’s arrival.