Warsaw Community Public Library News
By VALERIA FISHER
Adult Program Coordinator, Warsaw Community Public Library
Warsaw Community Public Library’s adult and teen summer reading programs run Monday, June 8, through Saturday, July 18. Participants can register through Tuesday, June 30. This year’s themes are “Escape the Ordinary” and “Unmask.” Participants receive a small prize or ticket every 500 pages read for adults and every 300 pages for teens.
Audiobooks and eBooks can also be used. Tickets can also be earned by attending qualifying events. Weekly drawings will be held for participants who have logged pages and grand prize drawings will take place Monday, July 20.
Adult and teen programs for June include:
- Cookbook Club meets at 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. Monday, June 1. Learn all about herbs.
- Off The Shelf reading group meets from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m. Thursday, June 5, to discuss “Deep Down Dark” by Hector Tobar.
- Chess Club meets at 10 a.m. every Saturday in June.
- Knit and Purl Club meets from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 8.
- Writers Club meets from 6:30 p.m. until 7:45 p.m Monday, June 8. Bring your story and get help with the seven principles for writing with Cindy Nash.
- Genealogy Club meets from 11 a.m. until noon Tuesday, June 9. Special speaker Tamara Hemmerlein will discuss how to preserve old photos and heirlooms.
- New Release Tuesday is from 2 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 9. Call for check the events calendar for title.
- Billy Yank, Union Soldier presentation, set in the year 1864 with a battle-weary soldier is from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 9. Register for this program.
- Teen Drop-in Zone is from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 10. Join us for video games and a movie.
- Lake City Piecemakers Quilt Club is from 9:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. Friday, June 12.
- Healthy Eating: Cooking for Teens program based on Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s “Eat to Live” program is from 2 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday, June 15.
- The Best of You program runs from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 16. Learn where your strengths are and how to use them. Register for this program.
- Duct Tape crafts for teens will begin at 2 p.m. and run until 3 p.m. Wednesday, June 17. Make a duct tape wallet, mason jar bank, or create your own duct tape creation. Register for this event as well.
- During teen maze runner survival training, you’ll learn life saving wilderness survival techniques. The program runs from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 24.
- Make it and take it crafts will be making paper pinwheels from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. Thursday, June 25. Register for this program.
- Register for the card making class, which costs $8 for three cards, paid at time of the class. The class is held from 6 p.m. until 7:45 p.m. Monday, June 28.
- You can also register for medieval ballads in America, a program which runs 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 30. Be transported to another time and place.