Firefighters with the Warsaw-Wayne Township Fire Territory responded to 771 N. Timberline Circle West in Warsaw this afternoon when the home’s occupants began to smell smoke. The fire department’s quick response diverted any real damage to the home.
The fire department was called at approximately 4:20 p.m. to the single-story ranch style residence which, according to county records, is owned by Virginia Poort and Nicole Diane Poort.
Firefighters quickly determined the fire was in a wall located at the home’s chimney and were able to control it within minutes.
CR 75 North was closed from CR 175 East to CR 225 East due to fire trucks while the matter was tended to.