Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:35 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, 19 EMS C23 Lane, Warsaw. Driver: Alexander J. Pruitt Baughman, 19, North Jefferson Street, Silver Lake. Pruitt Baughman was backing his vehicle from private property when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:55 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, North SR 19, south of CR 1000N, Nappanee. Driver: Katrina M. Collins, 28, Northwood Drive 17, Nappanee. Collins was traveling south on SR 19 when a horse-drawn wagon crossed into her lane of travel. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:01 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, North CR 700W, south of West CR 1200N, Nappanee. Driver: Isaac C. Long, 20, North Sawgrass Lane, Leesburg. Long was traveling south on North CR 700W when his vehicle left the roadway, rolling over and coming to a rest on its driver’s side in a ditch. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $50,000.
- 9:48 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1, South SR 15, north of West CR 800S, Claypool. Driver: Mia E. Elrod, 44, North CR 550E, Peru. Elrod was traveling north on South SR 15 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:29 a.m. Monday, Aug. 1, East US 30, east of South CR 325E, Warsaw. Driver: Habtom K. Gebremmariam, 32, Belcher Drive 204, Columbus, Ohio. Gebremmariam was traveling west on US 30 when his vehicle left the roadway and hit a guardrail. His vehicle then went down an embankment, through a wire fence and hit a large metal post holding a large advertisement billboard. When Gebremmariam’s vehicle hit the billboard, the cab caught on fire. Gebremmariam was pulled from his vehicle by witnesses. He was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne for a minor head injury. Two vehicles that were parked and unoccupied near the scene were damaged by debris and the fire from Gebremmariam’s vehicle. Damage up to $100,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1:40 p.m. Thursday, July 28, 101 N. Neer Road, Silver Lake. Driver: Samantha S. Bradley, 56, East Main Street, Silver Lake. Bradley was backing her vehicle from a garage when she hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:44 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, East US 30, near East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Sherita M. Roper, 43, Biscayne Avenue, Warsaw; and Conya L. Holloway, 47, Briar Ridge Circle, Warsaw. Roper was traveling east on US 30 and made a left turn, entering the Center Street intersection, when she hit Holloway’s vehicle. Roper complained of chest pain from the accident and was checked by medics at the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, 1801 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: Seth J. Lee, 18, Chestnut Street, Winona Lake. Lee was moving his vehicle from a parking space when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:54 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 2, 1140 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Driver: unknown. A parked, unoccupied vehicle sustained damage from an unknown driver. Damage up to $2,500.
- 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1, East US 30, near South CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Nolan T. Ransome, 18, East Carroll Street 1/2, Syracuse; and Austin L. McQuiller, 28, East CR 300N, Warsaw. Ransome was traveling north on CR 250E when he began making a left turn onto East US 30. As he did so, he hit McQuiller’s vehicle head-on. A passenger in McQuiller’s vehicle, Hanna L. Oliver, 22, Columbia City, sustained a swollen upper lip and was treated by medics at the scene. Damage up to $5,000.