Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:14 a.m. Thursday, July 7, West CR 400N, near North CR 800W, Warsaw. Driver: Cynthia R. Pennell, 39, East Sunset Drive, Bourbon. Pennell was traveling east on CR 400N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:04 p.m. Wednesday, July 6, East Armstrong Road, near North CR 300E, Warsaw. Driver: Mitchell S. Bleser, 30, North Stanton Drive, Leesburg. Bleser was traveling east on Armstrong Road when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 7:37 a.m. Wednesday, July 6, North CR 300E, north of East Rookstool Road, Leesburg. Driver: John M. Anderson, 49, North Village Drive, Leesburg. Anderson was traveling north on North CR 300E when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:03 p.m. Wednesday, July 6, 1000 Husky Trail, Warsaw. Drivers: Becky J. Everett, 57, Rozella Road, Warsaw; and Dawn F. Mohan, 41, Highlander Drive, Warsaw. Everett was backing her vehicle from a parking space when she hit Mohan’s vehicle. Damage under $750.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 12:22 p.m. Wednesday, July 6, SR 19 and CR 36, Wakarusa. Drivers: Riley Knies, 18, Granger; Georgia Wiggins, 18, Nappanee; and Tonya Towne, 34, Mishawaka. Knies was northbound on SR 19, following Wiggins. Wiggins was following Towne. When Wiggins slowed down for Towne’s vehicle, Knies’ vehicle rear-ended Wiggins’, which then rear-ended Towne’s vehicle. All drivers suffered minor, non-life threatening injuries. Knies suffered a face laceration, Wiggins had lacerations to the lip and left elbow, and Towne suffered back pain. No driver was taken to the hospital, and Knies was cited for following too closely.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:35 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, SR 14 and East Division Road, Akron. Drivers: Courtney A. Nolen, 34, Rochester; and Craig J. Bailey, 36, Akron. No further information available.
- 8:25 a.m. Tuesday, July 5, SR 10, Marshall County. A vehicle collided with a deer.