Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:34 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, South SR 13, south of East Shoop Road, Pierceton. Drivers: Timothy R. Nettrouer, 39, South CR 450E, Claypool; and Aleta R. Smith, 54, South SR 13, Pierceton. Nettrouer refused to speak with an officer on scene. A passenger in his vehicle said Smith’s vehicle in front of them began to slow down and Smith put on its left turn signal. Nettrouer didn’t notice Smith’s vehicle and at the last minute attempted to brake, but couldn’t stop in time and hit Smith’s vehicle. Smith complained of neck and head pain and was taken to the hospital. A sheriff’s deputy conducted an OWI investigation on Nettrouer. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 4:24 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, North SR 13, north of East Waco Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Jeromie L. Bright, 42, North Mill Street, Syracuse. Bright lost control of his vehicle on black ice. It went off the roadway and hit a house. He left his vehicle, then started walking southbound on North SR 13, leaving the accident scene. A woman was sleeping in the room that Bright’s vehicle crashed into. Emergency responders checked her out for injuries and she refused additional treatment. Damage: Up to $100,000.
- 8:32 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, North CR 900W, north of North SR 19, Etna Green. Driver: Kendall E. Miller, 18, CR 13, Nappanee. Miller’s vehicle started to slide on the icy roadway of North CR 900W. He lost control of it, then it started spinning out of control. It went off the roadway and rolled over. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 2:54 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, West CR 700S, east of South CR 700W, Claypool. Driver: Donna M. Slocum, 63, East SR 16, Monticello. A witness said Slocum’s vehicle crossed the center line and nearly collided with his vehicle. She went back into her correct lane and passed his vehicle, then went off the road and hit a pole, then a mailbox. Her vehicle went back on the road before leaving again and hitting another mailbox. Emergency responders on scene said Slocum was suffering from a medical issue. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 12:10 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, East CR 550N, north of North CR 75E, Warsaw. Driver: Dae Dickerson, 25, Lovers Lane, Three Rivers, Mich. Dickerson’s vehicle left the roadway and hit a phone box and a tree. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:21 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, South Packerton Road, south of East CR 700S, Claypool. Driver: Halie R. Fancil, 21, Sunset Drive, Winona Lake. Fancil’s vehicle pulled to the right and she overcorrected. It went off the side of the road and hit a pole, then overturned and came to a rest on its top. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 3:50 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 4, West Catherine Street and North Higbee Street, Milford. Drivers: Josiah J. Wilson, 21, South Henry Street, Milford; and Kimberly D. Schutz, 61, A Road, Bremen. Wilson failed to yield the right of way to Schutz and his vehicle hit Schutz’s. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1:42 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, North Huntington Street, south of West Beach Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Nathan D. Galloway, 21, North Huntington Street, Syracuse; and Nicholas A. Marchand, 30, North CR 1200W, Cromwell. Galloway’s and Marchand’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 12:53 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, US 31 and Monticello Road, Rochester. Driver: Tsyrus Gordon, no age listed, Clearwater, Fla. Gordon’s vehicle slid off the road.
- 12:20 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, US 31, south of SR 110. Driver: Dylan Weaver, no age listed, Rochester. Weaver’s vehicle slid off the road.
- 12:03 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 9, US 31 and CR 550N, Rochester. Driver: Brandon Thomas, no age listed, Osceola. Thomas’ vehicle slid off the road.
- 8:43 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, CR 200W and CR 100N, Rochester. Driver: Daniel Hicks, no age or town listed. Hit deer.
- 7:33 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 8, SR 110 and CR 475E, Rochester. Driver: Dennis Robinson, no age listed, Mentone. Robinson’s vehicle went off the road and hit a tree.
- 10:12 a.m. Friday, Jan. 7, SR 17 and SR 110, Culver. Driver: Brooke Rudicel, no age listed, Rochester. Hit deer.