By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — Kosciusko County has reported two new COVID-19 deaths in the last week, bringing the county’s total to 147. The county has reported 12,053 positive cases.
Wabash County has reported one new COVID-19 death, which occurred on Monday, Oct. 11. This brings the county to 101 deaths and 5,210 positive cases.
Locally, on the Indiana Department of Health two-metric COVID-19 map, Fulton County is back in the “red” category, with a 15.7% positivity rate.
IDH relies on a color-coded county map that measures percent positivity and new cases per 100,000 residents. The baseline for red is 15%.
Kosciusko County has a high community transmission rate for COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC’s website categorizes transmission rates in four levels: low, moderate, substantial and high. The map shows that all but one of Indiana’s counties is in the ‘high’ category. About 89% of the United States is marked in the ‘high’ category.
The CDC website is updated regularly and you can search for specific counties here.
More than 29,600 people in Kosciusko County have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
More than 3,321,000 Hoosiers are considered to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. According to statewide demographics, about 53% of those fully vaccinated are individuals who are 50 and older. About 53% of people fully vaccinated are female.
Statewide, the IDH website shows the number of COVID-19 deaths in Indiana rose to 15,616.
The total positive number of reported COVID-19 cases in Indiana is now at 991,460. More than 13,980,000 COVID-19 tests have been administered to Hoosiers.
Since the pandemic began, locally, Fulton County has reported 3,023 positive cases and Whitley County has reported 5,541 positive cases. Marshall County has reported 7,739 positive cases, Noble County has reported 7,879 positive cases and Elkhart County has 35,374.
In other northern Indiana counties, Lake County has 65,612 positive cases; Allen County has 56,767 positive cases; and St. Joseph County has 43,774 positive cases.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, more than 717,000 people in the United States have died due to COVID-19.
Vaccination Percentages by ZIP Code
COVID-19 vaccination percentages by county ZIP code are available on the state’s management performance hub.
- 46582 (Warsaw area) 53% of residents
- 46508 (Burket) 51% of residents
- 46538 (Leesburg) 49% of residents
- 46580 (Warsaw) 48% of residents
- 46555 (North Webster) 47% of residents
- 46567 (Syracuse) 47% of residents
- 46506 (Bremen area) 46% of residents
- 46962 (North Manchester area) 43% of residents
- 46590 (Winona Lake) 43% of residents
- 46910 (Akron) 41% of residents
- 46787 (South Whitley) 40% of residents
- 46542 (Milford) 39% of residents
- 46732 (Cromwell) 36% of residents
- 46562 (Pierceton) 36% of residents
- 46982 (Silver Lake) 35% of residents
- 46504 (Bourbon) 34% of residents
- 46539 (Mentone) 29% of residents
- 46510 (Claypool) 28% of residents
- 46550 (Nappanee) 27% of residents
- 46524 (Etna Green) 23% of residents