Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:14 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, North CR 950W, south of West CR 1350N, Nappanee. Drivers: Carlos M. Ramirez Lamar, 20, Highland Court, Plymouth; and Cheryl J. Bontrager, 69, East Broad Avenue, Nappanee. Bontrager was stopped facing south at the stop sign at North CR 950W and West CR 1350N when she entered Lamar’s path of travel. Lamar was traveling west on West CR 1350N. Lamar complained of head pain. After his vehicle was hit, Lamar’s vehicle left the road and hit a fence and mailbox. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:31 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, East Jefferson Street, near South Harrison Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Adaline N. Anders, 16, South CR 275E, Warsaw; and Brookes D. Vanlaningham, 37, North Main Street, Columbia City. Anders was traveling south on South Harrison Street when she turned left and entered Vanlaningham’s path of travel. When his vehicle was struck, Vanlaningham’s vehicle left the roadway and hit a stop sign. It came to a stop in the yard of 2102 E. Jefferson St., Warsaw. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:11 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, East Center Street, west of South Taft Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Fred J. Landolt, 32, Chestnut Street, Winona Lake; and Tammy L. Roberts, 46, West Lakeshore Drive No. 57, Columbia City. Landolt was turning left out of a parking lot when he hit Roberts’ vehicle. He told officers he freaked out and left the scene. Roberts complained of rib, chest and neck pain. She was taken to Parkview Hospital for further medical treatment. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:07 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 7, 1980 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Driver: Jill A. Brown, 52, West Plattner Road, Columbia City. Brown was entering a drive-thru when her vehicle hit an overhang. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:26 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6, East Market Street, near South McKinley Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Isa N. Fogg, 18, Lancer Way, Winona Lake; and Bradley R. Stahl, 67, West Elm Street, Pierceton. Fogg was traveling north on North McKinley Street when she stopped at the intersection of East Market Street. She proceeded into the intersection and did not see Stahl’s vehicle traveling east on East Market Street. Damage up to $2,500.