Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 5:17 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6, East Backwater Road, north of North CR 900E, North Webster. Driver: Brian E. Jones, 62, South SR 5 No. 57, Pierceton. Jones was traveling west on East Backwater Road when a vehicle traveling east drove over the center line. To avoid a collision, Jones’ vehicle left the roadway and hit a street sign. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:37 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6, West CR 300N, near Shelden Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Andrew J. Wilson, 43, South Southwood Drive, Warsaw; and Bethany K. Bentley, 30, East Center Street 5C, Bourbon. Wilson was traveling south on Shelden Street and was entering a roundabout when he hit Bentley’s vehicle, which was already in the roundabout. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:35 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6, North SR 15, near East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Miles W. Price, 43, East Main Street, Warsaw; and Holden T. Cunningham, 24, North Columbia Street, Warsaw. Price was behind Cunningham’s vehicle while traveling south on North SR 15 when his vehicle slid on the wet roadway and rear-ended Cunningham’s vehicle. Cunningham became upset and left the scene while traveling south on North SR 15. He was later arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and criminal mischief. Damage up to $1,000.
- 11:05 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, 1979 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Driver: Krayton G. Schenck, 19, Weston Street, Valparaiso. Schenck was traveling in the driving portion of a parking lot when he turned left and hit a parked vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:46 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, US 30, near Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Octavio Nunez, 18, North Arbutus Trail, Warsaw; and Derrick L. Green, 47, Mason Street, Hammond. Nunez was traveling east on US 30 when he rear-ended Green’s vehicle. Green complained of back pain. Damage up to $5,000.