Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- 10:40 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, Fourth Street, New Paris. A runaway was reported.
- 9:55 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, CR 50 and CR 35, Syracuse. Police were notified of a car that had crashed into a ditch. Deputies arrived and identified the driver as Brandon Waggoner who was found to be intoxicated. He failed the field sobriety testing and submitted to a blood draw at Goshen General Hospital. He was also found to be in possession of marijuana. Waggoner was incarcerated at the Elkhart County Jail for operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a prior conviction and possession of marijuana.
- 12:36 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, 69000 block of CR 127, New Paris. Charles Morris reported someone signed his name to a check for the amount of $400.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, CR 550N and CR 800W, Culver. Wilbur Siders reported someone hit a fence on his property.
- 3:59 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, 100 block of West Main Street, Kewanna. A property owner notified police a fence was hit on the property.
- 1:20 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, CR 600N and SR 17, Rochester. Police were notified that a black lab and coon mix were stolen.
- 6:37 a.m. Monday, Oct. 4, 1400 block of North Meridian Road, Rochester. Officials at Power Brake and Spring Truck Parts reported $200 in cash was stolen.