Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 12:05 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, East CR 1400N, north of North CR 100E, Milford. Driver: Colton A. Sauer, 31, North Main Street, Nappanee. Sauer was traveling northbound on East CR 1400N, Milford, when a deer entered his path. He swerved to miss the deer and hit a utility pole. He said he had no phone at the time of the accident, but got a ride home with someone else and was going to call in the accident when he had access to a phone. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:13 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, CR 900W, south of CR 200S, Mentone. Driver: Alex Craft, 18, West Old Road 30, Warsaw. Craft’s father said he saw a deer, swerved to miss the deer and went off the road to the left. Craft was not present at the scene. Damage: Up to $5,000.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:09 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, Emeline Street, west of Main Street, Milford. Driver: Karina V. Velazquez, 24, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Velazquez said while making a left turn off of Emeline Street, Milford, northbound, her vehicle hit a utility pole and bent the sign that was on it. She said she was new to driving for Lutheran and it was her third day. She turned too wide in the ambulance while going down the alleyway. Damage: Under $750.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:52 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, North East Wawasee Drive, south of Mile Marker 11207, Syracuse. Driver: Austin D. Yoder, 25, East CR 1050N, Syracuse. Yoder was traveling southeast on North East Wawasee Drive, Syracuse, when he overcorrected his vehicle, hit a large rock and a mailbox located at 11207 N. East Wawasee Drive, and continued through the property of 11209 N. East Wawasee Drive, causing yard damage. It came to stop into a telephone pole and landscaping at 11199 N. East Wawasee Drive. An officer could smell the odor of alcohol when he approached Yoder. An operating while intoxicated investigation was conducted. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:09 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, South Huntington Street, north of East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Thomas P. Conner, 55, North Grandview Drive, Syracuse. Conner was traveling northbound on South Huntington Street approaching the intersection with East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. He said he felt hot, got dizzy, possibly passed out and couldn’t remember what had happened after that. His vehicle hit a pole. Conner said he felt dizzy and would like to be checked out by an ambulance. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 11:13 a.m. Monday, Oct. 4, South Huntington Street, north of East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Alecia J. Ceballos, 46, Pike Shore Drive, Warsaw; and Thomas A. Bubb, 57, North Marine Key Drive, Syracuse. Ceballos was traveling northbound on Huntington Street at the intersection of East Pickwick Drive, Syracuse. She said there were many cars headed south, waiting to turn east onto Pickwick. She didn’t see Bubb’s vehicle, and her vehicle turned in front of it, causing a collision. Damage: Up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:05 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, Commerce Drive and US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Maria E. Rosales Marquez, 46, Tecumseh Street, Warsaw; and Malissa R. King, 46, Heron Boulevard, Warsaw. Rosales Marquez said she left the McDonald’s parking lot and was traveling eastbound on Commerce Drive, approaching the intersection of US 30, Warsaw. She said she didn’t know what caused her vehicle to hit King’s. She thought her foot slipped off the brake pedal as she was slowing down behind King’s vehicle. Rosales Marquez was cited for operating a vehicle without a valid license. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 4, Meijer Drive and East US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Bailey M. Watkins, 23, East County Line Road, Bourbon; and Natasha R. Hoffman, 37, North Hickory Court, Warsaw. Watkins said he was approaching the intersection of East US 30 on Meijer Drive, Warsaw, slowing for traffic that was stopped at the red light. Watkins said Hoffman’s vehicle was stopped in front of his. He said he misjudged the distance between his vehicle and hers and his vehicle hit hers. Damage: Under $750.
Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 8:24 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, CR 50, east of CR 13, Nappanee. Drivers: Frank Grove, 85, Nappanee; and Branden Hurst, 35, Nappanee. Grove and a passenger in his vehicle, Douglas Graham, 83, Nappanee, both suffered possible head injuries. Both were taken to Elkhart General Hospital. Hurst was driving a John Deere 4640 tractor hauling a grain trailer when Grove’s vehicle struck the back of the trailer.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 2:25 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, US 31 and CR 700N, Rochester. Driver: Randy Chaffee, Naples, Fla. Chaffee’s vehicle went off the roadway.
- 2:03 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, US 31 and CR 700N, Rochester. Driver: Yumisleidy Ulloa, Holland, Mich. Ulloa’s vehicle slid off the roadway.
- 9:14 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, US 31 and West Third Street, Rochester. Driver: Kyle Petitjean, West Chester, Ohio. No further information available.
- 8:12 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, SR 17 and CR 600N, Rochester. Driver: Brian Robinson, Goshen. Hit deer.