Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:13 a.m. Monday, Oct. 4, East SR 14, west of South CR 400E, Claypool. Driver: Troy J. Golding, 20, CR 3, Nappanee. Golding was traveling westbound on East SR 14 in the area west of South CR 400E, Claypool, when his vehicle hit a fallen tree. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 8:43 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, East CR 1200N, north of North CR 175E, Milford. Driver: Brady R. Wickersham, 23, East Lapoint Drive, Milford. Wickersham was stopped at the intersection of East CR 1200N/North CR 175E, Milford. He said a vehicle was traveling southbound on East CR 1200N as he was turning northbound onto North CR 175E. He said he turned too sharply and his vehicle hit a fence post. Damage: Up to $10,000.
- 6:39 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, West Main Street south of South Franklin Street, Mentone. Drivers: Heather Rodriguez, 40, 9 Mile Road, Comstock Park, Mich.; and Janick S. Norris, 65, West Main Street, Mentone. Rodriguez was traveling northbound on South Franklin Street approaching the intersection of West Main Street, Mentone. Norris was traveling eastbound on West Main Street approaching the intersection of South Franklin Street. Rodriguez started to slow down for the stop sign, then was unable to stop her vehicle before entering the intersection. She tried to avoid a collision with Norris’ vehicle, but was unable to. Her vehicle hit Norris’. Rodriguez complained of pain in her shoulder and neck area. Her passenger complained of back pain. They said they would take themselves to the hospital. A passenger in Norris’ vehicle was taken to the hospital due to having a possible broken arm. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, North CR 150E and East CR 350N, Warsaw. Drivers: Debra K. Zentz, 64, EMS C2 Lane, Warsaw; and Jessica M. Allen, 30, North Sawgrass Lane, Leesburg. Zentz was traveling eastbound on CR 350N, Warsaw, and stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of CR 150E. She said she came to a stop and looked both ways and didn’t see a vehicle coming. Zentz said she pulled into the intersection attempting to turn left (north) when Allen’s vehicle hit hers. Allen didn’t have a stop sign and said Zentz’s vehicle pulled into her path. Zentz complained of neck pain. Allen had cuts on her neck and arm and complained of ankle pain. She was taken to the hospital. Damage: Up to $50,000.
- 3:43 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 3, EMS B6C Lane, north of EMS B6 Lane, Leesburg. Drivers: Whitney L. Schwab, 31, Turkey Creek Drive, Milford; and Justin M. Lewallen, 39, EMS T14 Lane, Leesburg. Schwab’s and Lewallen’s vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 12:17 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, South CR 75E and East CR 225S, Warsaw. Drivers: Adrian P. Payne, 23, West Elm Street, Pierceton; and Roberto A. Lorenzana, 78, Frontage Road, Warsaw. Payne was traveling westbound on CR 225S, Warsaw, when a vehicle stopped to turn in front of him. He slammed on his brakes and his vehicle slid into the eastbound lane where it hit Lorenzana’s vehicle head on. Lorenzana and a passenger in his vehicle complained of pain. Damage: Up to $25,000.
- 6:39 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, West CR 400N, east of North CR 600W, Warsaw. Driver: Melinda L. Klotz, 61, East CR 350N, Warsaw. Klotz was traveling westbound on West CR 400N in the area of North CR 600W, Warsaw, when a deer hit her motorcycle, causing her to crash it. Klotz had road rash on her hands. Damage: Up to $2,500.
- 5:11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, North SR 15, north of West CR 600N, Leesburg. Drivers: Madison M. Double, 29, South Elm Street, Milford; and David F. Halcomb, 62, SR 15, Goshen. Double was traveling northbound on SR 15, Leesburg. She looked away from the road at her purse. She was unable to stop soon enough and hit Halcomb’s vehicle with hers. Halcomb had slowed and stopped because another vehicle in front of his was waiting for southbound traffic to pass to turn left onto CR 600N. Double had a minor scratch on her right arm and a passenger in her vehicle had head pain. Two other passengers in her vehicle were checked out by medics. Halcomb and a passenger in his vehicle were taken to the hospital for treatment of neck and back pain. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:32 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, SR 13, south of East Epworth Forest Road, North Webster. Drivers: Ronald Ponsler, 84, EMS T7B Lane, Leesburg; and Larry E. Jennings, 50, East Backwater Road, North Webster. Jennings was traveling southbound from Syracuse on SR 13. While proceeding to turn eastbound onto East Epworth Forest Road, North Webster, he was hit by Ponsler’s vehicle. Ponsler said he was southbound on SR 13 following Jennings. He said he saw Jennings signal to turn eastbound onto East Epworth Forest Road. He said his vehicle hit Jennings’ while he was attempting to pass it. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:37 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, East Center Street and North Harrison Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Javier Garza, 25, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Gary E. Glowe, 82, South Stonebridge Road, Warsaw. Garza was traveling westbound on East Center Street, Warsaw, coming up to the intersection of North Harrison Street. He said the light was yellow and he believed he had enough time to cross the intersection before the light turned completely red. He said Glowe’s vehicle was traveling northbound on North Harrison Street approaching East Center Street. Their vehicles collided. Damage: Up to $5,000.
- 2:19 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1, East Main Street and North Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Melody A. McCormick, 61, West Cook Road, Fort Wayne; and Molly K. Tyler, 41, North Parker Street, Warsaw. McCormick was traveling northbound on North Detroit Street, Warsaw, near the intersection of North Detroit Street and East Main Street. She said the traffic light displayed a green light for north and southbound traffic on North Detroit Street. She said she was waiting for traffic to clear, so that she could turn left onto East Main Street. She turned left when she thought the traffic was clear. Her vehicle hit Tyler’s. Tyler was taken to the hospital with a left arm injury. McCormick was checked out by medics. Damage: Up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 2, North Main Street, south of West Boston Street, Syracuse. Driver: Robert W. Taylor, 58, Kaufman Farm Drive, Louisville, Ky. Taylor was turning right from West Boston Street onto North Main Street, Syracuse, when his trailer ran into a parked vehicle. Damage: Up to $1,000.