Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:09 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, East CR 300S, west of South Country Club Road, Warsaw. Driver: Micah J. Trotter, 39, West Canal Street, Wabash. Trotter was traveling west on East CR 300S when his vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:25 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29, North SR 15, south of West CR 900N, Warsaw. Drivers: Jason S. Koch, 44, Sunfish Drive, Hudson, Fla.; and Curtis J. Ousley, 31, Oak Brook Place, Warsaw. Koch was turning south on SR 15 from a stop sign. He said he didn’t see Ousley’s vehicle. Ousley did not have a stop sign. Koch’s vehicle pulled into the path of Ousel’s vehicle. Ousley’s vehicle left the west side of the road and hit a fence. Ousley complained of pain and was checked out by medics. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:18 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29, North CR 150W, north of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Mackenzie A. Stevens, 22, Rosemont Avenue, Warsaw. Stevens was traveling north on CR 150W when her vehicle hit a deer. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, Glad Street, south of Flora Avenue, Warsaw. Driver: unknown. Three witnesses said they saw a white SUV hit a mailbox. The driver of the white SUV left the scene. Damage up to $2,500.
- 2:21 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, Anchorage Road, near North Sunset Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Paula S. Shepherd, 53, East CR 650S, Pierceton; and Agnes A. Maurer, 75, East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Shepherd was stopped at a stop sign on Sunset Drive and didn’t notice any vehicles when she began to turn west. As she turned, she hit Maurer’s vehicle. Maurer complained of chest pain and was taken to a local hospital. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:41 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29, Anchorage Road, near Rainbow Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Douglas H. Myers, 61, West Plattner Road, Columbia City; and Alexandra R. Bunting, 27, South Columbia Street C., Warsaw. Myers was traveling east on Anchorage Road when he rear-ended Bunting’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29, North Detroit Street, near East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Driver: Unknown. Sarah J. Kindig, 33, Winona Lake, said she was walking at an intersection when a black four-door pickup truck hit her with its side mirror. The unknown driver left the scene. Kindig had shoulder pain and went to a hospital to have it examined. Damage under $750.