WARSAW — The Kosciusko Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its Annual Chamber Awards.
These awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Dinner in January 2022. All business award winners must be active members of the Kosciusko Chamber of Commerce. Award nominations are due by Friday, Nov. 19, and can be submitted by clicking here.
Below is a summary of qualifications for awards and the 2020 winners:
- The Man and Woman of the Year awards are given to men and women who reside in Kosciusko County and have contributed to the county, have been county residents for not fewer than five years and have made a positive impact on the quality of life in the county. The 2020 Man and Woman of the Year were Dr. David Hoffert and Angie Ritchey.
- The Business of the Year Award lauds a Kosciusko Chamber member that has exhibited exemplary leadership, business growth and service to the community. The recipient will be recognized as a leader in the business community and as serving as positive example of business practices. The 2020 award recipient was POLYWOOD.
- The Rising Star Award is given to a business or organization that has been in operation for fewer than five years. This award celebrates Kosciusko County’s highest performing new companies and recognizes those that have exceeded initial targets for growth and financial performance, best demonstrated an understanding of their competitors, customers and the markets they operate in and have the foundations in place for continued commercial success. This award was presented to Winona IT in 2020.
- Each year, the Making a Difference award is given to a business, nonprofit or service organization that has made a significant impact in Kosciusko County. This business or organization should also support the Chamber through participation. Last year, the award was given to The Salvation Army.
- The Health & Wellness in the Workplace award is presented to a Chamber member who has created and maintained healthy practices in their workplaces. Criteria include wellness activities, employee engagement, access to resources and a healthy environment. The 2020 recipient of this award was the Kosciusko County Government.
- Last year, the Chamber introduced a new award, the LaunchPad Family Friendly Business Award. This award is given to a business that provides innovative and creative solutions to support its employees’ family and/or child care needs. It was presented to Wawasee Community Schools in 2020.
- The Government Excellence Award is given to any official (either elected or appointed) who has performed a particular service or overall effectiveness in office on behalf of residents within Kosciusko County, is currently in any level of government office or has been out of office no more than two years (local, state or federal) and has demonstrated commitment to supporting business. The 2020 award winner was Tony Ciriello.
- The Young Adult Professional of the year award is given to any individual who is 39 years or younger and is employed in Kosciusko County, has achieved success and excellence in their field before the age of 40 and has demonstrated leadership, initiative and dedication in pursuing their career and commitments outside of work. This award was given to Travis McConnell in 2020.